Metal Torrent

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Metal Torrent

User Info: DemonSeal-Curse

DemonSeal-Curse
6 years ago#1
Is it any good and worth using my Club Nintendo coins on?
All The Feels We Share, and I Just Don't Care.
PSN: PoisonFang27 XBL: PoisonFang27

User Info: metroid00700

metroid00700
6 years ago#2
Coming from someone that owns many bullet hell shooters on his 360 and Dreamcast, it is a good gateway into the genre. It is generic and lacks an X factor to make the game truly stand out, but it is a fun game and again great for people wanting to get into the genre. Another great game to get you ready for bullet hell shooters is Trouble Witches Neo on 360, and I am only bringing it up because it is on sale for $5 until Tuesday. Both should get you ready to take on the greats like Ikaruga or Mushihimesama. I'd recommend it, but again, it is far from amazing.
SNK, SEGA, AND CAPCOM FANBOY
SEGA Dreamcast=Best Gaming System Neo Geo Pocket Color=Best Handheld System

DemonSeal-Curse
6 years ago#3
metroid00700 posted...
Coming from someone that owns many bullet hell shooters on his 360 and Dreamcast, it is a good gateway into the genre. It is generic and lacks an X factor to make the game truly stand out, but it is a fun game and again great for people wanting to get into the genre. Another great game to get you ready for bullet hell shooters is Trouble Witches Neo on 360, and I am only bringing it up because it is on sale for $5 until Tuesday. Both should get you ready to take on the greats like Ikaruga or Mushihimesama. I'd recommend it, but again, it is far from amazing.

thank you for the reply! I might give it a go, I just don't want to waste my coins. Mind if I add your friend code too?

metroid00700
6 years ago#4
DemonSeal-Curse posted...
metroid00700 posted...

thank you for the reply! I might give it a go, I just don't want to waste my coins. Mind if I add your friend code too?

I wouldn't call it a waste, probably the best offering on there since Majora's Mask. I'd pick it up if you are curious, and if you dislike it, you saved yourself a possible hefty investment of getting a more expensive shmup and a lot of frustration. Shmups are my favorite type of video game, and I just started to discover the best of the best a few years ago. If you do happen to love Metal Torrent, a 360 is a must for the best shmup titles around. Most people tend to forget how many exclusive shmup games the 360 has and IMO make the 360 exclusives more appealing than PS3 exclusives, for me anyway. Definitely a fun genre to explore.

Oh and my FC is: 4511-0476-8664 I haven't played it in a week but I'd be sure to add you in a few days.

User Info: Jackslick

Jackslick
6 years ago#5
Coming from an actual fan of the shmup genre, stay away from metal torrent. It will only let you down.
I'm sorry (best I put it here, just in case).

DemonSeal-Curse
6 years ago#6
metroid00700 posted...
DemonSeal-Curse posted...
metroid00700 posted...

I wouldn't call it a waste, probably the best offering on there since Majora's Mask. I'd pick it up if you are curious, and if you dislike it, you saved yourself a possible hefty investment of getting a more expensive shmup and a lot of frustration. Shmups are my favorite type of video game, and I just started to discover the best of the best a few years ago. If you do happen to love Metal Torrent, a 360 is a must for the best shmup titles around. Most people tend to forget how many exclusive shmup games the 360 has and IMO make the 360 exclusives more appealing than PS3 exclusives, for me anyway. Definitely a fun genre to explore.

Oh and my FC is: 4511-0476-8664 I haven't played it in a week but I'd be sure to add you in a few days.

Alright :) mine is: 2878-9709-7865

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
6 years ago#7
Start with Galaga.
I want Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Darksiders II!

User Info: Crabhammar

Crabhammar
6 years ago#8
Majora's Mask!? What'd I miss?
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.9

metroid00700
6 years ago#9
Jackslick posted...
Coming from an actual fan of the shmup genre, stay away from metal torrent. It will only let you down.

I know what you mean, MT is a disgrace compared to Ikaruga but none-the-less it is a decent starting point and a great crash course on how the genre works. I'm having fun with it and for a DSiWare title I am pleasantly surprised with all of the online features it has (Leaderboards AND replays?!). It does suck there's a lack of portable bullet hell games.

metroid00700
6 years ago#10
strongo9 posted...
Start with Galaga.

Also gotta agree here. I really just assume everyone has this game by now (I own it on 8 different consoles I believe, most by accident) but Galaga is probably my favorite old school shooter. Just an easy, simple, fun game that has mechanics that still hold up great today. Definitely pick it up on one of the 1000s of collections if you do not own this for some reason.

Or just play flash versions of Galaga, but note flash versions (and older versions) are not arcade perfect

http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/game/21637/galaga.html

The one above is good, just fast.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Metal Torrent

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived