Wow so Nintendo aren't idiots. They knew what they were doing after all.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Wow so Nintendo aren't idiots. They knew what they were doing after all.

User Info: all_that_juice

all_that_juice
6 years ago#1
The first year of the 3DS looked lackluster at best. The price was way too high. The games were lacking. Then news of the Vita came out. Superior hardware and at the same price point as the 3DS. Everyone was predicting the Vita to crush the 3DS. Suddenly the 3DS looked like it was dead to rights. Next thing you know, there is a massive price drop, and the heavy hitters start falling. You have REvelations, MGS3D, Mario, Mario Kart 7, and more all dropping within a few months of each other and all within earshot of the Vita launch. And now the 3DS is selling like hotcakes while the Vita is dead in the water. It's like Nintendo was pulling it's punches until the Vita launch ON PURPOSE. So after all this, Nintendo are NOT idiots after all and are instead GENIUSES! Sony has the egg on it's face and not the other way around. Did anyone else see this coming? I sure didn't.
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
6 years ago#2
Nintendo aren't idiots?

Why on earth do people keep referring to Nintendo as a plural object?

I wouldn't say "Yeah, Burger King are making bad decisions lately!"
RUNBA RUNBA RUNBA RUNBA RUNBA
"Say what you want about pedophiles, but at least they drive slow in a school zone."

User Info: Xobter_81

Xobter_81
6 years ago#3
Lord_Frood posted...
Nintendo aren't idiots?

This annoys me so much. I even see sites like 3dsbuzz doing it.
3DS: 2535-3653-9390

User Info: Alishere

Alishere
6 years ago#4
all_that_juice posted...
The first year of the 3DS looked lackluster at best. The price was way too high. The games were lacking. Then news of the Vita came out. Superior hardware and at the same price point as the 3DS. Everyone was predicting the Vita to crush the 3DS. Suddenly the 3DS looked like it was dead to rights. Next thing you know, there is a massive price drop, and the heavy hitters start falling. You have REvelations, MGS3D, Mario, Mario Kart 7, and more all dropping within a few months of each other and all within earshot of the Vita launch. And now the 3DS is selling like hotcakes while the Vita is dead in the water. It's like Nintendo was pulling it's punches until the Vita launch ON PURPOSE. So after all this, Nintendo are NOT idiots after all and are instead GENIUSES! Sony has the egg on it's face and not the other way around. Did anyone else see this coming? I sure didn't.

Gee, it's almost as if Nintendo purposely made the 3DS too expensive so when the news of the Vita came, they lowered the price so Vita fans would wait for a price cut, just like the one the 3DS. But that can't be all planned by Nintendo, right? It's not like they have saw this coming.
Gee, I wonder what time it is.

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
6 years ago#5
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: felipin24

felipin24
6 years ago#6
Lord_Frood posted...
Nintendo aren't idiots?

Thats an interesting problem. "Nintendo" is one company, but it is not composed of one man/woman. It's basically a Proper name which designates one object which is composed of many objects.

yes....innteresting
3ds FC 3823-8642-5293

Lord_Frood
6 years ago#7
My point is, people always say:

"Microsoft sure is doing the right thing!"
"Sony isn't going to do that. Would they?"

But never anything like:

"Nintendo are going to release new games soon."
"Say what you want about pedophiles, but at least they drive slow in a school zone."

User Info: SenorLovecraft

SenorLovecraft
6 years ago#8
Vita is dead in the water? lol.

Lord_Frood
6 years ago#9
SenorLovecraft posted...
Vita is dead in the water? lol.

Yeah, I was gonna point that out... but you know how most of the 3DS board is.

Sorry, I mean "most of the 3DS board are."

User Info: Eno_Suibon

Eno_Suibon
6 years ago#10
It's way to early to tell whether Vita is "dead in the water," and the 3DS never was.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Wow so Nintendo aren't idiots. They knew what they were doing after all.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived