Rayman Origins. HD Console/PC>Wii (on 480p EDTV)>3DS>Vita

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Rayman Origins. HD Console/PC>Wii (on 480p EDTV)>3DS>Vita

User Info: kissdadookie

kissdadookie
6 years ago#101
raymanfan1 posted...
Before you flame, hear me out.

HD versions are obviously best because of full HD and multiplayer.

Wii version running at 480p is obviously second, due to still great visuals and multiplayer.

3DS is third because of still great visuals, 3D, portability, and possibly the ghost mode also on the Vita version. Has no multiplayer, but hopefully won't cut any levels out.

Vita is last due to the fact that, if you want a fantastic, Vita-style visual experience for this game,why would you not just buy a home console version? Portability, of course, but the same visual experience can be found on a PS360. 3D is something that cannot be found on those consoles (for RO, anyway). Vita has no multiplayer, but has the added ghost mode instead, and does not cut out any levels, which can not neccisarilybe yet said for the 3DS version.

Overall, I think this is a rather hard thing>thing>thing>thing to order, but I swear I will eat my words if the 3DS version ends up being crap.

Obviously, buy the version you think you should, knowing it's an awesome game no matter what, and that it should not be missed by anyone who even vaugely enjoys platformers.

This is all IMO, of course.

From a graphics perspective:

HD console/PC version > Vita version > Wii > 3DS

From a game perspective:

Console (HD and SD)/PC version > Vita version > 3DS

Here's why. From a graphics perspective, it's obvious. Even though the Wii version is played on a TV, it's still SD. Let's face it, watch the same TV show, there's a dramatic difference between SD and HD. Same difference here. Why is the Vita version still rated higher than the Wii version? Due to pixel density. Screen may be smaller but the graphics fidelity is considerably better. So why is the Wii version rated higher than the 3DS version? Because even though both are noticeably SD, the Wii version wins out for being able to play it on a bigger screen compared to the 3DS (but the Vita's graphics fidelity are much more preferable to the SD graphics of the Wii even after taking difference in screen size into consideration).

Now, from a game perspective, the full console releases are better of course due to the multiplayer component. So, you may be wondering how come with multiplayer being missing on both the Vita and 3DS versions, why am I ranking the Vita version higher? Well, it's due to the additional features of the Vita version. There's this whole collectables addition to the Vita version where you can tap the screen to collect certain things. There's also the pinch to zoom functionality of the Vita version where you can zoom in on Rayman by doing the pinching gesture on the screen (and this REALLY allows you to appreciate the art and the animation). The 3DS doesn't have these features and apart from having the 3D effect, it seems to be the version of the game with the least features (unless they have another method for zooming into the screen since you obviously can't pinch to zoom on a 3DS). On top of this, anybody who has played Rayman Origins already will know that the way the levels are designed, it's a very zoomed out view and everything are already pretty small on the big screen as well as even smaller on the Vita screen. Now, with the miniscule 3DS screen, that's not a situation which will get better and it's just going to be of a great unjustice for the art and the animation having everything microscopic.

So, overall, the best versions are the HD console/PC versions. However, when it comes to handheld versions, I would have to give the win to the Vita version.

User Info: FerretGamers

FerretGamers
6 years ago#102
Brain = blown.
I survived the disc snapping riot of 2011.

User Info: pizzakoe

pizzakoe
6 years ago#103
There is currently no HD console on the market. but you are probably referring to PS3 and Xbox360
3DS FC: 0216-1481-6422

User Info: OoSubaruoO

OoSubaruoO
6 years ago#104
Nnamz posted...
This topic is post purchase rationalization. Vita version is visually on par with the console version (or better thanks to the vibrant OLED). Pinch zooming really lets you see how beautiful the animations and sprites are as well. I'd much rather play it on Vita than on a console.

I'd rather spend $10-$20 less for the same game on a console, rather than spend 39.99 for portability.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
6 years ago#105
OoSubaruoO posted...
Nnamz posted...
This topic is post purchase rationalization. Vita version is visually on par with the console version (or better thanks to the vibrant OLED). Pinch zooming really lets you see how beautiful the animations and sprites are as well. I'd much rather play it on Vita than on a console.

I'd rather spend $10-$20 less for the same game on a console, rather than spend 39.99 for portability.

Of course I don't have ab HD console and i would have it on Vita thanks to

1. better graphics then wii
2. trophies and portability
3. I have plenty of platformers already for wii and 3DS. Want some for VIta as well :D
Its like a disco ball in front of my face! -Chris redfield
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF

OoSubaruoO
6 years ago#106
pikachupwnage posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Nnamz posted...

Of course I don't have ab HD console and i would have it on Vita thanks to

1. better graphics then wii
2. trophies and portability
3. I have plenty of platformers already for wii and 3DS. Want some for VIta as well :D

1. The game looks the same on all consoles. The HD barely makes a difference
2. Trophies are on Ps3 as well, and portability doesn't make it any better for $39.99.
3. Well then, that's your choice.

User Info: Natureboy99

Natureboy99
6 years ago#107
So the Vita version is bad because it looks as good as the console version?

/facepalm

The PS3 version is best (1080P, multiplayer), then 360, then Vita, then Wii, then 3DS. This game simply MUST be played in HD and any platform that doesn't have HD loses tons of points.

OoSubaruoO
6 years ago#108
Natureboy99 posted...
So the Vita version is bad because it looks as good as the console version?

/facepalm

The PS3 version is best (1080P, multiplayer), then 360, then Vita, then Wii, then 3DS. This game simply MUST be played in HD and any platform that doesn't have HD loses tons of points.

No one said the Vita version was bad...spending 40$ for the same game that could be found for cheaper is just a waste of money imo.

User Info: AdolRed

AdolRed
6 years ago#109
Lemmywinks13 posted...
The single player Vita version better than the 4 player HD version on my 55 in. tv? You are so funny Lovecraft.

Well you can play the Vita one in the bathroom

Note: if you have a 55in TV in your bathroom disregard that. You're doing life right and I have nothing bad to say to you.
They're lookin' at me with their glassy eyes, they're gonna bury me
Drippin' with Hennessey and ecstasy, they're gonna bury me

User Info: kissdadookie

kissdadookie
6 years ago#110
pizzakoe posted...
There is currently no HD console on the market. but you are probably referring to PS3 and Xbox360

How is the PS3 and the 360 not HD consoles? They both do the game at 720P. That's HD. 4K is beyond HD. They basically just call that 4K.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Rayman Origins. HD Console/PC>Wii (on 480p EDTV)>3DS>Vita

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived