• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Vita finally here & I buy a 3ds instead OUCH!
sevenmagg 9 years ago#1
I know that's gotta hurt sony but sorry.I saw the vita on display when I went to target yesterday but just didn't have any interest in it (YET).I got my black 3ds and DOA Dimensions($19.99 folks) and left.First off I have to say the 3ds is a nice looking handheld.It's much sleeker than the ds lite.I love the design of the ds lite but it looks like a toy in comparison to 3ds now.Actually the vita does not seem as slick looking to me as 3ds once you see both up close.The buttons are all nice and clicky and it has a good weight to it.I did notice the two lines showing up on the top screen from me closing it so I put a piece of tracing paper in between the screens for now.As I played with the 3ds I realized that all of the complaints I had been hearing were just plain anal.Like the placement of the select ,home and start buttons or stylus placement.At first I did think the d pad was way to low in comparison to the buttons on the right but I think that is to promote using the circle pad since it seems lined up to the pad on the left.Once I started playing it wasn't a big deal.It was actually comfortable.

I popped in DOA and was surprised at how great it looked.I have read negative things about 3ds for a while and in my opinion this is a great overall system so far.I've seen what vita can do and 3ds is not as inferior as people say.When you put Revelations next to golden abyss you start to wonder if everything in the media is a lie.I'm glad games like Res evil revelations display how strong this thing really is IF YOU PUT IN THE EFFORT.Over all I'm happy with my purchase.
Wynters387 9 years ago#2
Good for you go have some pudding. I was so ecited to finally see a blogfaq from you...who are you?
imagine a signature that's timely and up to current trends...this is not that signature
kukingina2 9 years ago#3
no need to be rude breh
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047 PSN: bmwrp8
megagooseqqq 9 years ago#4

no need to be rude breh

Mr. QQQ
"meet my ignore list." - redeadlink
Wynters387 9 years ago#5
Sorry irritable day at work. I think im allowed to have one rude post if people are able to say "breh."
imagine a signature that's timely and up to current trends...this is not that signature
xerofyre0 9 years ago#6
who the hell are YOU wynters?

anyways, great job TC. there are tons of great games and i am enjoying my 3DS a lot.
People like to poo-poo nintendo products because they still have this dumb ass idea they are only for little kids
My blog: http://www.theswitchbit.com
Wynters387 9 years ago#7
xerofyre0 posted...
who the hell are YOU wynters?

anyways, great job TC. there are tons of great games and i am enjoying my 3DS a lot.
People like to poo-poo nintendo products because they still have this dumb ass idea they are only for little kids

Me? I'm the guy who upset you.

Prior to that i'm the guy who apologized for his rudeness.

Prio to that...nobody
AP3Brain 9 years ago#8
I am sure Sony is in tears over your individual decision..... *rolls eyes*

And I still don't understand why people are claiming RE:R looks close to Uncharted graphically... because it doesn't. While U:GA indeed does have some jaggies there is way more going on graphically than RE:R and the scale is a lot different seeing as how RE:R has very small, not so detailed environments. I love RE:R but people need to stop basically lying.

Then look at the titles that aren't so large in scale like Wipeout, Super Stardust, Hotshots and Rayman.

But it is good that you are happy about buying the 3DS as it is a system with some good games even if I am not a fan of the physical design of the system.
sevenmagg 9 years ago#9
@xerofyre0 Thanks man.I'm a full grown adult and still play nintendo games.Gamers go where the games are regardless of console.I know people hate on nintendo because of it's kiddy reputation but honestly when it's all said and done I think the 3ds will have a library that's filled with even more diverse & adult games than ds eventually.Playing DOA reminded me of when I played Tekken on my psp.Games like that just didn't exist on ds so I believe nintendo is going in a good direction.They will have all the quirky,kiddy games that made ds great and they will also have the more mature titles that made psp a good handheld also.I look forward to it.
Lhunthangion 9 years ago#10
@TC:

http://connerystareshd.ytmnd.com/
I AM ERROR.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Vita finally here & I buy a 3ds instead OUCH!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A