• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Did anyone ever figure out what the 3DS Code Name abbreviation CTR stands for?

User Info: CHEEEESEMAN

CHEEEESEMAN
7 years ago#1
79/80 so close

If you are unfamiliar with Nintendo Code Names, they generally are used in the Model Numbers for the systems.

Here are some examples:

System Retail Name ----------------------------- Code Name ------------------ Model No.
Nintendo Entertainment System ------------------ NES ------------------------- NES-101
Super Nintendo Entertainment System -------- SNES ------------------------ SNES-101
Nintendo 64 ------------------------------------ Nintendo Ultra 64 ---------------- NUS-001
Gamecube -------------------------------------------- Dolphin ----------------------- DOL-001
Wii ----------------------------------------------------- Revolution --------------------- RVL-001
Game Boy ---------------------------------------- Dot Matrix Game ----------------- DMG-01
Game Boy Pocket ------------------------------- Mini Gameboy ------------------- MGB-001
Game Boy Color ------------------------------- Color Game Boy ------------------ CGB-001
Game Boy Micro ------------------------------------- Oxygen ------------------------- OXY-001
Nintendo DS -------------------------------------------- Nitro -------------------------- NTR-001
Virtual Boy ---------------------------------- Virtual Utopia Experience ----------- VUE-001

The only systems that do not follow this pattern are:

System Retail Name ----------------------------- Code Name ------------------ Model No.
Game Boy Advance --------------------------------- Atlantis ----------------------- AGB-001
Game Boy Advance SP ------------------------- UNKNOWN -------------------- AGS-001
DS Lite ---------------------------------------------- UNKNOWN -------------------- USG-001

The first two can be easily assumed as AdvanceGameBoy and AdvanceGameboySpecial. However the meaning of the letters USG are still unknown.

The 3DS Model No. is CTR-001. As far as I know, the letters CTR are also still unknown.

Am I the only one interested by this?
"Man how to people figure this stuff out? A rubber band on the R button." - HYPERMECHA

User Info: TotakaK

TotakaK
7 years ago#2
I have no idea, but I bet the WiiU is gonna be CFE-001.
I am error.

User Info: MasterEchu

MasterEchu
7 years ago#3
CFE is probly a "cafe" reference
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!

User Info: GarlikBakery

GarlikBakery
7 years ago#4
Crash Team Racing? So, Sony and Nintendo are working together under the table to create an intense portable war to get the heat off mobile phone games, I see...
You are what you eat... That's why I'm human.
Owns: Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii

User Info: lockheart47

lockheart47
7 years ago#5
USG = Underdog super gameboy, only thing i can think of. or maybe UnderScreenGameboy since there is a screen under the first one. i dont know i'm just really grabbing at nothing. CTR Centralized To Region cause of the dang region lock :(
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Did anyone ever figure out what the 3DS Code Name abbreviation CTR stands for?
  • Topic Archived