• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. how long do you have to wait for "NPC" avatars to show UP!?

User Info: RocketZXblue

RocketZXblue
1 year ago#1
i'm playing this on an emulator (Desmume) and i literally left the game running all day at minimum 12 hours straight, not a single avatar showed up, i even had it on constant fast forward (like 20x speed) for 4 hours after that nothing... is it supposed to take that long for one to show up?
irritated there's no action replay codes to just unlock the avatar sectors, if there is one i can't find it anywhere.
closest AR code i found was to have all avatar parts, but still sits at 99% and no sector unlocked
[edit]
I guess melonDS supports multplayer on one PC, so i guess i can do it that way instead
adding for Swapdoodle, PM me if you add
3DS FC: 4098-2370-5638 Rocket2049
(edited 1 year ago)
I don't recall having this problem (although it's been a while since I played this on an EMU), definitely give MelonDS a try and tell me how it goes!

Also, if you have the original game you may put that save file on the cartridge and leave your DS on to gather Avatars. Then just convert the save file back to your EMU save. Although I assume you can't do this, just thought I'd toss ideas out there.
Many posts on GameFAQs are better off ignored.
(edited 1 year ago)

RocketZXblue
1 year ago#3
MelonDS works in the multiplayer aspect
two of the same emulator running can communicate with each other easily
Haven't tried clearing avatar floors or whatever yet, I'll check back with results
The emu itself is lacking a lot of features I like to use, fast forward button being the major one
adding for Swapdoodle, PM me if you add
3DS FC: 4098-2370-5638 Rocket2049

User Info: Landarma

Landarma
7 months ago#4
(Answering 9-month old thread... if anyone still reads it)
I don't remember how long, but I remember I spent 100 or more hours to wait for avatars and proceed all floors(using DeSmuME). It may take hours, but even in offline state, auto-generated avatars will pop up eventually.
756 = Emanations: numbers - SPYRVTh (And see my quote)
- <del>http://landarma.cjb.net</del> -> Old homepage is defunct

RocketZXblue
7 months ago#5
yeah it's probably an emulator issue then, cause i left it on overnight twice and no NPCs (both emulators)
guess i'll try on a real DS sometime

3DS FC: 4098-2370-5638 Rocket2049 (please PM if you add me or I won't add!)
PSN name: RocketZXblue (say you're from gamefaqs or i won't add)

User Info: Cashaddi

Cashaddi
4 months ago#6
If anyone knows a way to get lots of tags without a second DS please tell us about it. Some app or emulator function would be highly appreciated.

RocketZXblue
4 months ago#7
as i just said above, melonDS links two games together, it works well and they tag each other, reloading over and over keeps getting tags from same person.
which really doesn't help other than unlocking the floors
tried again to get NPC tags (both desmuME and melonDS) over >24 hours, nothing...
this is likely an emulation problem, other time based games don't mess me up like this (world ends with you, ugh)
3DS FC: 4098-2370-5638 Rocket2049 (please PM if you add me or I won't add!)
PSN name: RocketZXblue (say you're from gamefaqs or i won't add)
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. how long do you have to wait for "NPC" avatars to show UP!?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A