• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: PorymanZ

PorymanZ
1 year ago#1
For those of you emulating the game, there's now an emulator which is able to replicate DS communications. The emulator is called MelonDS, and it's able to communicate between two "systems" by having two of them open on the same computer. For those of us who have been wanting to grind in the Avatar Menu, this should make life a lot easier!

User Info: hisroyalbonkess

hisroyalbonkess
1 year ago#2
Thanks for the heads up!
"I'll make your sister my daughter." -ihatesunday

PorymanZ
1 year ago#3
No problem! I'm curious, though: when you were doing your true 100% run, would this have made any difference? I know it's possible for the game to detect any DS and at least some Wii communications and have them become random Avatar encounters, but if you didn't have that capability I hear it takes a lot of waiting.

hisroyalbonkess
1 year ago#4
PorymanZ posted...
No problem! I'm curious, though: when you were doing your true 100% run, would this have made any difference? I know it's possible for the game to detect any DS and at least some Wii communications and have them become random Avatar encounters, but if you didn't have that capability I hear it takes a lot of waiting.

Yes, Actually! I was fortunate enough to have access to the DS' and two copies of the game, it helps give you floors much faster. The more the merrier! Not to mention you can send SPECIFIC easy floors back and forth which helps make getting Avatar parts easy and possible to grind different enemies.

PorymanZ
1 year ago#5
hisroyalbonkess posted...
PorymanZ posted...

Yes, Actually! I was fortunate enough to have access to the DS' and two copies of the game, it helps give you floors much faster. The more the merrier! Not to mention you can send SPECIFIC easy floors back and forth which helps make getting Avatar parts easy and possible to grind different enemies.

Ooh, I'll take note of that! I imagine I'll still try random communications to see how things are, but it sounds like it won't be too much waiting with double emulation.

I was never able to do any of the Avatar Menu stuff as a kid when I first played this game as I never seemed to have friends with the same games. Can you tell me a little about the Dalmation things and other stuff I probably don't know?

hisroyalbonkess
1 year ago#6
PorymanZ posted...
PorymanZ posted...

Ooh, I'll take note of that! I imagine I'll still try random communications to see how things are, but it sounds like it won't be too much waiting with double emulation.

I was never able to do any of the Avatar Menu stuff as a kid when I first played this game as I never seemed to have friends with the same games. Can you tell me a little about the Dalmation things and other stuff I probably don't know?

Dalmatians are randomly placed in scratch cards. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. It's pure luck.

If you keep repeating floors, either one specific room or a string of specific rooms, as long as you complete the challenge, you get an Avatar part. It doesn't matter if you have all the parts from the Avatar you got the floor from.

Gold Tricholoma's appear more often in floors that are lucky, and in rooms where the mission is to defeat them.

Eliminators appear more often in feisty floors, and in rooms where the mission is to defeat them.

PorymanZ
1 year ago#7
PorymanZ posted...
PorymanZ posted...

Dalmatians are randomly placed in scratch cards. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. It's pure luck.

If you keep repeating floors, either one specific room or a string of specific rooms, as long as you complete the challenge, you get an Avatar part. It doesn't matter if you have all the parts from the Avatar you got the floor from.

Gold Tricholoma's appear more often in floors that are lucky, and in rooms where the mission is to defeat them.

Eliminators appear more often in feisty floors, and in rooms where the mission is to defeat them.

Hooray for luck-based gimmicks! If only Jiminy was more specific about where the Dalmations were found...

I'm thinking of just doing the 100 floor sector all in one go once I've built it up since I'm going to be switching back to DeSmuMe before doing that as Melon's not quite all the way there yet. Is there a chance I'll still have any leftover avatar parts after clearing that?

Sounds like a very effective way to try to get the Eliminator and Tricholoma drops! I remember reading in one FAQ that some Avatar Menu shenanigans double your luck, so hopefully that'll make it less grindy.

By the way, it doesn't seem like a lot of Avatar Menu stuff has been covered in the FAQs. There's only a checklist for each of the avatar parts in the in-depth section for this game. I've never written an FAQ before, but I think it would serve the game justice to have this part documented. I would never have known about much of the Avatar Menu had I not seen your true 100% guide and tried to see for myself.

hisroyalbonkess
1 year ago#8
PorymanZ posted...
Hooray for luck-based gimmicks! If only Jiminy was more specific about where the Dalmations were found..

I'm thinking of just doing the 100 floor sector all in one go once I've built it up since I'm going to be switching back to DeSmuMe before doing that as Melon's not quite all the way there yet. Is there a chance I'll still have any leftover avatar parts after clearing that?

You probably will, but as long as you're making small, easy floors you should knock it out.

Sounds like a very effective way to try to get the Eliminator and Tricholoma drops! I remember reading in one FAQ that some Avatar Menu shenanigans double your luck, so hopefully that'll make it less grindy.

If you meet an Avatar over and over who shares similar Avatar parts that you have on, hearts will appear around your Avatar. It doesn't last long but it will get you double luck.

By the way, it doesn't seem like a lot of Avatar Menu stuff has been covered in the FAQs. There's only a checklist for each of the avatar parts in the in-depth section for this game. I've never written an FAQ before, but I think it would serve the game justice to have this part documented. I would never have known about much of the Avatar Menu had I not seen your true 100% guide and tried to see for myself.

Go for it! I was Googling things forEVER to figure things out.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A