• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. Tag Mode FAQ (well, maybe not so Frequent, but w/e)

User Info: Jabodie

Jabodie
1 year ago#1
Hello, I thought I got a PM about this game and I thought I would just copy what I sent to him to this board for anybody looking for info in the future, with some extra formatting.

Q: What do I need tags for?

1) To fill out floors in the side dungeon which provides nice goodies (stat chips, abilities), some of which can only be obtained there.
2) Get Dalmatians from scratch cards to unlock D-Firaga with 99 Dalmatians. This is really only for the completionists. Even forcing tags, getting all 99 is time consuming and annoying. But if you just have to complete it (like me) there is a way to speed it up discussed below.

Q: Do I need Avatars with my missing parts to unlock them?

No. I believe, in theory, you should be able to get them all from one floor. In fact, I recommend making your first few floors extremely easy challenges to farm out Avatar parts.

Q: Do I need another DS to get tags?

No, you technically do not. When the game picks up no signal, it will give you a randomly generated avatar with a random combination of parts to you at what seems to be random intervals. It usually took a couple hours for me to get one, but sometimes more and sometimes less. You can get all 100 floors this way, there is no limit.

Q: How do I get tags more quickly?

The simplest way is that you can force a tag if you have a second DS or a 3DS+a DS. If you have a spare DS, opening multiplayer in another game should send a signal, and cause a pre generated avatar to show up. Testing it just now, you don't have to get out of tag mode, you just have to go in and out of multiplayer on your other DS. There's also a delay before you'll actually get the avatar to show up.

This works just like the Wii trick on the Re:coded cheats page. Any DS game should work. I personally used 358/2 Days (Mission Mode -> multiplayer), but I know Zelda/Mario will do fine. Just get your power LED to blink.

Q: I got a lot of floors with a Wii/2nd DS, but I'm not getting any more. What's going on?

Note there is a HARD CAP on the number of these you can get. Looking at my Avatars (the last half are all pregenerated), I'd guess you can get like 40-50. Once you get them all, you'll have to delete these Avatars to get new scratch cards.

Q: But I want to get all 100 floors!

For the rest of the floors, they need to be filled by just waiting for random tags. However, you can get them before or after the pregenerated floors, it doesn't matter. For me, I didn't realize I could do this trick until I had a lot of floors, so my last 40 or 50 are all the forced avatar tags.

Q: Is there no better way to get dalmatians?

That'll be the quickest way to get all the dalmatians, but it will still take hours to do. Dalmatians, IIRC, are there like 1/4 or 1/5 times, and there's just over 50% chance of getting it if it's there. I'd suggest watching something to ease the boredom.

Q: But I don't have another DS/Wii. What should I do?

If, however, you don't have another DS system you can use/borrow, you'll just have slowly accumulate them over months, leaving your DS on at night or something. However, I would suggest getting an old DS model. The first model sells for like $20-$25 these days, and even cheaper if you just get one with a broken hinge that still works (as of the time of this post). The money spent will be worth avoiding the headache of dealing with waiting. Plus you'll have it for other completionist nonsense with other DS games.
<insert sig here>

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
1 year ago#2
I'll just add that it's possible to get a 100 floor dungeon and complete everything even if your DS doesn't pick up any signal. After a random time waiting, it will generate a balloon for you regardless.

Also, for people just looking to have some fun in the Avatar Sector, you may want to prioritize the types of floors you like the most and delete unwanted ones. For example, I mainly like Puzzly floors but I kept some infected floors just for the challenge.

User Info: Jabodie

Jabodie
1 year ago#3
Metastase posted...
Also, for people just looking to have some fun in the Avatar Sector, you may want to prioritize the types of floors you like the most and delete unwanted ones. For example, I mainly like Puzzly floors but I kept some infected floors just for the challenge.

This is also really useful for doing multiplier challenges. Try to get fun/easy ones. I like to avoid "play at X time" and "only use your Keyblade X times" challenges. It'll make getting enough points for D-Blizzaga (or whatever was at the bottom floor) way easier.
<insert sig here>

User Info: hisroyalbonkess

hisroyalbonkess
1 year ago#4
Thanks to your tips I was able to get 6 Dalmatians today. It certainly is a grind but I'll chip away at it.
I'm Riding The Gravy Train.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. Tag Mode FAQ (well, maybe not so Frequent, but w/e)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A