• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. Nintendo Channel Discontinued

User Info: palumatzu

palumatzu
4 years ago#1
Apparently, on Wii systems, the Nintendo Channel services have been discontinued. What about the Avatar trick?!
Kimochii, Kimochi!! Iki-so-da... <3<3<3
3DS FC: 4124 - 6276 - 5884

User Info: Accrovideogames

Accrovideogames
4 years ago#2
Man, that really sucks. I just learned about the avatar trick and only started playing the game less than a week ago. I actually bought the game a year ago but have been holding on to it until I played the games in the correct order so I can keep up with the story. I've known about the series for a long time but my first experience with it was with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX.

I played KH1 then Re:COM, but waited before watching the 358/2 Days lackluster movie until I had played the actual DS game, which I bought along with Re:coded because I guessed that the not yet announced 2.5 collection wouldn't include it. I then waited until 2.5 was released and bought it. After playing KH2, I played 358/2 Days on DS before watching the movie in 1.5. After that, I played BBS and now Re:coded on DS. I will soon watch its movie in 2.5. I fortunately had the idea not to buy DDD on 3DS because I had a hunch that it was also going to be remastered in HD. I plan on buying 2.8 when it gets released and continue playing the games in the right order.

I was kind of pissed that a mode in Re:coded was locked because I needed people who also have the game. Modes like StreetPass are made for Japan where it's customary to encounter hundreds of people walking in the streets with a DS or 3DS, especially in large crowded cities like Tokyo. This isn't the case in pretty much everywhere else in the world. I've had a 3DS since launch day and I've only met around 50 people via StreetPass and I'm alco counting repeats from friends; it's pretty ridiculous.

But how does Tag Mode work exactly? The Nintendo Channel trick implies that you don't actually have to scan another player's data, which is kind of weird considering the point of the mode being to share avatars. I wanted to know more about the subject so I did some research and thinking and here's what I discovered: there are alternatives to the Nintendo Channel trick. You only need to tag DS compatible wireless signals and the easiest solution is to use PictoChat. Considering how we're currently in the 3DS generation, it's very likely that many 3DS owners have a spare DS lying around.
I'm French speaking.
25/Male/Quebec
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  3. Nintendo Channel Discontinued
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A