• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hard Corps: Uprising
  3. 1up Locations (catalog and questions)

User Info: gaming_justin

gaming_justin
8 years ago#1
For those wanting to clear the game on a credit (a real marathon!) 1ups are essential to survival, especially in the later stages. So, I think it'd be helpful if we could all catalog their locations. I'm still nor clear on how to get them, actually. Some of them seem to always appear in the same spots, sometimes I get a 1up instead of those medals that pop out of the boxes, and some 1ups appear in a gold weapon container after finding a hidden spot (a red circle appears when you've hit the right spot). There's an achievement for having 20 at once in Arcade Mode so I guess there's plenty to find.

Please share any 1up locations you know about, even obvious ones just to keep track. Unfortunately I haven't spent enough time with the game to contribute much, but here's what I know offhand at the moment. If I make a mistake (I might mix 1up and medal locations...) let me know. I'll keep searching for them and updating this post.

Stage 1: Quicksand area, after the giant worm crashed through stuff a few times, go underneath a flamethrower shooting upwards and a red circle will appear. Keep an eye out for the gold weapon container that appears.

Stage 2: Eventually you'll come across a vine shaped like a U, climb to the right and shoot out the leaves. Stand there to get a 1up.

User Info: hokuto_master

hokuto_master
8 years ago#2
stage 1 when your junping up through the flame thingysin the building a gold item yoke flys past
DKR / Nick: broie / FC: 017.270.711.392/

gaming_justin
8 years ago#3
Wow, forgot I can't edit posts on GameFAQs. Okay, well to make things easier I'll just keep posting the whole list including all updates so people won't have to read every post to see the locations.

Stage 1

flamethrower tower: After the first wall mini-boss, you'll come across a tower with 3 flamethrowers. A weapon pod containing an extra life flies by once you reach the top.

quicksand area: After the worm crashes through a few times there will be a flamethrower shooting up. Go underneath it and a red circle will appear. Watch for the gold weapon pod containing an extra life.

Stage 2

after the first wall mini-boss: There will be a U-shaped vine you can climb across. On the right end are tree branches you can shoot out, revealing a black box. A 1up pops out.

the piranha bridge: Jump under the bridge onto a small rock to make a red circle appear. A gold pod containing a 1up will fly by.

after the bridge: Stay in the treetops as long as you can. Eventually you'll shoot some tree branches and reveal a 1up. It's not possible to obtain from ground level, as you can't jump high enough.

gaming_justin
8 years ago#4
Stage 3

first pit: While falling shoot the weapon pod that flies in from the right.

rotating spike panels: When you first encounter the rotating spikes while climbing upwards, shoot the left wall to reveal a box with a 1up.

end of boulder tunnel: After outrunning the boulder, just before the wall that breaks, a pod will fly in the from the top right.

Stage 5

conveyor belts: A little after the first big fall when you land on the green tubes, there will be two levels of conveyor belts. Shoot the green weapon pod that flies by.

green tubes: In the area where there are green tubes on the floor and ceiling, smash one of them on the ground level and step inside to reveal a 1up.

Stage 6

flamethrower tunnel: During the flamethrower section a green pod will float by, jump down and hang on the rail to collect it.

train switch: When the first train falls of the track jump onto the train higher up and hang on the rail. A weapon pod will float by. Shoot and collect it before it falls.

User Info: wEEman33_VI

wEEman33_VI
8 years ago#5
Level 3) Right before the submarine boss, there are two turning spike wheels with a pit and health pickups underneath. Instead of falling and walking under them, climb over them, and once you get in the middle of them, a gold pod will fly by.
No balls, no care.

User Info: venomenom

venomenom
8 years ago#6
I know of only 2 i can recall without being in game, its in the final stage, the part where there is missles coming out 3 at a time, and beams that blast downward. On the set of missles going to the right hang off the bottom and ride it as far as it will go, now jump and stick to the wall, if you follow it up and to the left, a golden weapon container with a 1 up will appear as soon as you get to the horizontal bit, it will be coming from the left.

The right before you fight the boss of level 8 theres the 1 where the black missles are coming up from the pits, if you hang about 3/4 the way across and double jump and golden 1-up container will come from the right.
GT:Jurney303, come get some.
cool berattelse bror

User Info: Codemakura

Codemakura
8 years ago#7
The 1up's I've found that you guys haven't listed in the first three stages, I have more but I don't have them written down so I'll make sure to double check them first.

Stage 1

The Pod that drops the second Machine Gun power-up, there is a single platform shortly after it goes by, stand on it and a gold pod will fly by.

Stage 2

Before the boss wall use the vines to climb up and enter the boss on the vines destroy the boss, and then jump on top of the wall (where the enemies spawns) and a gold pod will fly towards you.

Stage 3

When falling through the floor in the first section, a pod flies by (move slightly right well falling and shoot straight down).

When climbing up the wall with three spinning spike things before the first boss, between the second and third spikes, shoot the wall to your left.

Well running from the boulder, on the last section before it smashes open the door, a pod will fly by.

gaming_justin
8 years ago#8
Great! Thanks for the info. I've consolidated everything so far. Up to 19 extra lives.

Stage 1

After second M power-up: Shortly after, stand on the platform where the missile launcher enemy was to make a gold pod appear.

Flamethrower tower: After the first wall mini-boss, you'll come across a tower with 3 flamethrowers. A weapon pod containing an extra life flies by once you reach the top.

Quicksand area: After the worm crashes through a few times there will be a flamethrower shooting up. Go underneath it and a red circle will appear. Watch for the gold weapon pod containing an extra life.

Stage 2

Right before the wall mini-boss: Stay up on the vines and after the fight jump on top of the wall. A gold pod will appear.

After the wall mini-boss: There will be a u-shaped vine you can climb across. Shoot the leaves on the right side and jump on the branches to reveal a 1up.

Piranha bridge: Jump under the bridge onto a small rock to make a red circle appear. A gold pod containing a 1up will fly by.

Right after the bridge: Stay in the treetops as long as you can. Eventually you'll shoot some tree branches and reveal a 1up.

Stage 3

First pit: While falling shoot the weapon pod that flies in from the right.

Rotating spike panels: While climbing upwards shoot the left wall between the second and third set of rotating spikes, revealing a room with a 1up.

End of boulder tunnel: After outrunning the boulder, just before the wall breaks, a pod will fly in from the top right.

Before the submarine boss: There are two turning spike wheels with a pit and health pickups underneath. Instead of falling and walking under them, climb over them. Once you get in the middle a gold pod will fly by.

Stage 5

Conveyor belts: A little after the first big fall when you land on the green tubes, there will be two sets of conveyor belts. Shoot the green pod that flies by at the top of the screen.

Green tubes: Where there are green tubes on the floor and ceiling, smash one of them on the ground and step inside to reveal a 1up.

Stage 6

Flamethrower tunnel: During the flamethrower section a green pod will float by, jump down and hang onto the train car to collect it.

Train switch: When the first train falls off the track, jump onto the train higher up and hang onto it. Shoot the pod and collect the 1up before it falls.

Stage 7

Top of burning building: At the top of the first vertical section, go left to find a 1up.

Stage 8

Area where ceiling crushes you: There's a gap in the ceiling. Jump up and kill some enemies to get a 1up out of the box.

Missile riding section: On the set of missiles going to the right, hang onto the bottom one and ride it as far as it will go, then jump and stick to the wall. Climb it to make a gold pod fly in from the left.

Before final boss: Climb the rail where the three black missiles shoot vertically. About 3/4 across, you'll activate a gold pod.

User Info: Zaarock

Zaarock
8 years ago#9
Here is one more:

Stage 1: Jump on top of the wall midboss after defeating it. Running jump off the small platform and air dash onto it.

You dont actually need to jump on top of the stage 2 wall boss, at least with sayuri and krystal it will also get triggered if you double jump at it from the right side.

User Info: Zaarock

Zaarock
8 years ago#10
oh yeah and another for stage 1:

At the start of the wooden bridge, jump at the top of its structure and a golden pod will appear. You might need to use the destructible platform there.

I'm guessing there might be one or two more in stage 7, maybe at the wall climbing part?
  1. Boards
  2. Hard Corps: Uprising
  3. 1up Locations (catalog and questions)
  • Topic Archived