• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: stilettos

stilettos
4 years ago#1
Are there anyone still playing this game? It's sure been 5 years, but I cannot find similar games these past years.

User Info: regarding

regarding
4 years ago#2
Yep, I beat the PC version recently.
I hate signatures.

stilettos
4 years ago#3
I don't think there is a difference between pc and xbox verwion, isn't it?

Which character is the most difficult to beat on hardcore difficulty?

regarding
4 years ago#4
All versions are the same as far as I know.

Lucas is the hardest because of his almost pure melee setup, he has only one useful ranged attack. Boss fights are the biggest problem in this game. With Lucas you have to come close to enemies to hit them (unless you want to spam that one useful ranged attack - but if you want to fight from afar why pick Lucas to begin with?), and that can a problem with bosses who can kill you in two hits. A tank build won't work on hardcore, you'll have to avoid getting hit (learn enemy attack patterns, dodge, wait for the right moment to strike etc.).

P.S. Check out Victor Vran if you're looking for similar games. The combat system reminded me a lot of DSIII, but the way you build your character is completely different. Check out this review if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqJFegU1B0
I hate signatures.

stilettos
4 years ago#5
Yes. Exactly. Ilm trying all characters, and Lucas is the hardest. I can use Fure Anjali and use Heaven's Strike, Katarina's haeartskeers, or Reinhart's aoe damage. But Lucas is only shines with Heroic Charge after enemy's hp hit x%.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually am looking for similar games :)

regarding
4 years ago#6
Yeah, with Lucas the best offensive skills are:
- Heroic Charge with Executioner's Charge - for single tough enemies
- Wind Shear with Wounding Gale - for damaging enemies from afar and additional healing

Out of remaining offensive skills only Blade Dash is useful for dealing with groups of enemies. The other three (Shield Pummel, Vanguard's Strike, Earthrending Strike) are pretty useless. This makes the game a bit boring and repetitive after you upgrade everything you need.
I hate signatures.

stilettos
4 years ago#7
Right. Especially with katarina, since she only needs heartseeker IMO, and a little bit in chosen prey and hunting season.

Btw, just watched Victor Vran on youtube. It looks interesting. I wonder why it didn't show up when Iwas looking for similar games.

regarding
4 years ago#8
It's hard to find similar games, especially newer ones. On consoles these types of games were briefly popular during the sixth generation, but afterwards the entire genre turned into open world(ish) games like Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls etc.

As for PC games like DSIII, they almost never have gamepad support. It's really bizarre, some developers are going as far as to refuse to include gamepad support in PC versions of games, even though console versions of those games exist (Sacred 2, Diablo 3).
I hate signatures.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
DS-III Reloadedhawkwind_dragon63/17 5:31AM

GameFAQs Q&A