• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top Gun
  3. Multiplayer woes :(

User Info: mrmtmn

mrmtmn
7 years ago#1
WOW! Now THIS is a dead online game. A 2010 release with a summer 2011 re- release and it took me about a half hour before even ONE player showed up!
I just beat the single player mode for the 1st time so I was happy someone showed up so I could test multiplayer. I created a "Top Gun" match not knowing what it was. The other player and I, shot the crap out of each other and nothing happened. We played for a good 15 minutes. It was fun dog fighting, but nothing on the stats screen changed. I was confused and frustrated, so with no end in sight I quit.
I created a basic Deathmatch. Those I know how to play. The same thing happened. After about 15 minutes, ONE player showed up. We shot each other over and over. Then one more player showed up after about 7 minutes. That's when I realized what was going on.
They designed it so you actually had to have a full compliment of players for any sort of record keeping or official game play. (In this case, 4/4) I actually did get to play a fully ranked game. I had fun, but it wasn't worth the LONG wait.
What a terrible design choice!

Sorry for the long rant. I just needed to get that off my chest.
A ball is better than a marble.
  1. Boards
  2. Top Gun
  3. Multiplayer woes :(
  • Topic Archived