• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top Gun
  3. Happy its Nothing like Afterburner

User Info: candycab

candycab
8 years ago#1
Its interesting that most gamers seem to immediately try to compare the two titles to each other.

They couldn't be more different

Afterburner = a standard Sega rail shooter arcade experience

Top Gun = Mission based open play areas full of targets you have to chase down

Obviously this wont be news to anyone who is playing both but maybe a few folks out there may not know prior to buying, I didn't want to hijack anyones thread with this :)

Yeah Top Gun is kinda short but personally I feel its easily worth the $15.00 which may be a bit pricey for Afterburner but being the usual Sega fare I knew exactly what I was getting into.

In the end if one is comparing the two I find open semi open world levels much more appealing than a pretty rail shooter.

If anything this game is more like Hawx than anything else out at the moment.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
8 years ago#2
Thanks, I was wondering what the game was like compared to the other arcade games out there.
and all we ever were, just zeros and ones

User Info: candycab

candycab
8 years ago#3
Glad to help : )

User Info: CaptFrost

CaptFrost
8 years ago#4
Yeah, this is an Ace Combat/HAWX style game. It's NOTHING like Afterburner.

User Info: UberFunk83

UberFunk83
8 years ago#5
Interesting. I was kind of thinking it was just like Afterburner... I might have to pick this up now. Thanks for the quick and brief review/description.
Drop yer coat and grab yer toes. I'm gonna show you where the wild goose goes...
  1. Boards
  2. Top Gun
  3. Happy its Nothing like Afterburner
  • Topic Archived