• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top Gun
  3. Love action flight sims, but...

User Info: UberFunk83

UberFunk83
8 years ago#1
I really can't help but think this won't provide enough gameplay variety. Maybe it's just me, but having it based off the movie seems like it'll be old, outdated and a bit slow/boring. True, I'm making judgment calls before I've got any real information on it, but there's just something about this game that doesn't seem all that exciting to me. Perhaps it's because Top Gun is twenty-four years old. That and because I've been playing the Ace Combat series for so long, I want a lot of choices on my plane, be it actual model or payload.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Seems too quiet here with there not being any other flight sims, save for H.A.W.X. 2, coming out anytime in the near future.
Drop yer coat and grab yer toes. I'm gonna show you where the wild goose goes...

User Info: dp246

dp246
8 years ago#2
Love flight sims too, but only really liked the Ace Combat series(Unsung War, Belkan War). There were a few other Top Gun titles, but most were just arcade shooters like Afterburner, and to be honest, this one looks no different. The graphics/HUD screens don't even looks as good as the PS2 Ace Combat titles, so if I were you, I wouldn't expect much from this. From the way it looks, it just seems like it'll be a PSN download game.

And Top Gun may be 24 years old, but the movie still kicks ass.
PSN= twofortysix

User Info: Omega_Gilgamesh

Omega_Gilgamesh
8 years ago#3
Hey, it probably won't cost more than fifteen dollars, so even I'll probably play it, and I haven't played a flight sim since before the PSX came out.
The day the legend was laid to rest. RIP
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2010/06/01/the-epilogue/

User Info: candycab

candycab
8 years ago#4
Top Gun on the Game Cube was pretty much Hawx [minus the detail of course] before Hawx was created.

It was a pretty fun game as I remember it.

This Top Gun is just a quick diversion along the lines of Hawx lite :) but for a $15.00 download game I wouldn't expect it to compare to anything with a real budget and higher price point.

One of my biggest complaints with the PS3 too date is the absence of the Ace Combat series.

User Info: dillonthebunny

dillonthebunny
8 years ago#5
...ahh but thats Namco forgetting who made Ace combat the game it is today... Playstation fans!

its not Sonys fault, Namco all the way.

but now that Ace Combat is returning.. im not sure it looks like the sort of game I personally want, stupid isn't it. we wait for years for a decent Ace Combat and when one does, its just not the same. with this and HAWX2 looking a wee bit lame, I might just spend the £8 and get TopGun, lol
Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn

User Info: dillonthebunny

dillonthebunny
8 years ago#6
you know.... Online this is a lot of fun, certainly worth the money over some of the trash ive brought from the psn.

---

Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn

User Info: willy279

willy279
8 years ago#7
Hawx is much more realistic but this is more fun, I must say.
  1. Boards
  2. Top Gun
  3. Love action flight sims, but...
  • Topic Archived