• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PixelJunk Shooter 2
  3. League battle - Title

User Info: SuperNerdSteve

SuperNerdSteve
8 years ago#1
Any idea how to change or earn titles? I've been a rookie all the way to earth so far and was wondering if it changed by itself or if you have to change it manually
... the family tradition of being thrown off cliffs, helicopters, volcanoes, etc...

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
8 years ago#2
I was an Amatuer on the Asteroid Belt and I got paired up against a Veteran almost at the Sun, so apparently the matchmaking doesn't really take this into consideration.

Not an answer to your question, I know.

User Info: Large_Tonberry

Large_Tonberry
8 years ago#3
I, and a few others I've played, believe it to be tied with the amount of battles you've played and win percentage. From about Mercury to The Sun I was ranked as Legend (was on a hell of a winning streak), but then I started purposely going easy on the rookies and accidentally lost quite a few games due to sheer carelessness. That actually dropped me back down to Veteran for a while, so I assume it's win %.
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=jon_bright
GT5: 920 / 1034 cars

User Info: Potegaman

Potegaman
8 years ago#4
I think I became a Veteran at about 50 total matches played. And I know that I became a Legend at exactly 100 total matches played. I have been a Legend ever since.

There are also other ranks. A few days ago when I was still a Rookie, I had a 30-0 win streak. After about ten wins I became a Bomber instead of Rookie, another ten matches later I became Rookie again and then I became Veteran (probably at 50 matches played). It was weird. I also played against a Soldier today, don't know how to get that one.

User Info: Large_Tonberry

Large_Tonberry
8 years ago#5
I actually went straight from Rookie to Veteran, completely bypassing Bomber and Soldier... so I've no idea how to get those two.
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=jon_bright
GT5: 920 / 1034 cars

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
8 years ago#6
Sounds like there are ranks based on your style of play. If you use mines a lot, then you get 'Bomber'. If you charge in guns blazing, then you get 'Soldier'.

Just a theory.
  1. Boards
  2. PixelJunk Shooter 2
  3. League battle - Title
  • Topic Archived