• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PixelJunk Shooter 2
  3. Online Battle Strategies

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
8 years ago#1
Just got 100% Trophies on this game and thought I would give a quick tip to starting out the online battles.

I've only advanced to the second planet in League mode, so I'm a newbie.

* Most newbies seem to like to camp out in your rescue zone and wait for you to come deliver your survivors. Take advantage of this, and just go and collect all of the survivors that are near their circle, and dump them off near your circle. (Don't go in your circle, or they will attack you.) Take this time to remove any of their survivors from their circle as well. Once you have several survivors near your circle, and have emptied theirs, engage them in combat. If you win, you have time to dump off several survivors in your circle. If you loose, no big deal, they will start the next round with an empty circle, and no survivors nearby! They'll have to come to you.

I've won several matches with this strategy, since amateurs seem to like to camp.

Post your strategies here as well! (As long as you don't mind giving up your secrets!) :)

User Info: 10000_needles

10000_needles
8 years ago#2
I really hope the online doesnt die too fast.

It happened to castle crashers (probably because it was out for 360 much earlier).

Also lol @ amateurs (not trying to be rude)
You dont know it yet, but you're already dead. "Hokuto no Ken"

User Info: Large_Tonberry

Large_Tonberry
8 years ago#3
One of my favourite tactics on a low scoring game, (e.g maybe 1-1 or so) is to wait for the last round, then use reverse controls & switch locations at the very start. Instant access to their base and not a thing they can do, all that's left is to drop a survivor outside of the ring. :D

Edit: I'd just like to add that I still don't exactly know how to free oneself from a grapple... I assume it's spin, but it never works for me, and I end up failing helplessly with meager attempts at spin dashing. Also, both of the maps inside the creature confound me every time I play, so any tips for those would be fantastic!
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=jon_bright
GT5: 920 / 1034 cars

User Info: digressive

digressive
8 years ago#4
Get enough survivors in your rescue area to ensure a win, and then just worry about defense.

Though someone sent me a nasty message calling me a camper when I had grabbed every single survivor in my first turn on offense, and then just sat in my zone and made sure they couldn't steal anything while on defense.

I think he/she really went ballistic when my last offensive turn consisted of me finding them and letting them kill me. No reason to play the whole round when I had all the survivors.

I'd just like to add that I still don't exactly know how to free oneself from a grapple

Oh, and grapple your opponent :). I have no clue how to escape either, but if you get the grapple first you can take them out as they try to break free,

C
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - Eliot

Large_Tonberry
8 years ago#5
Yeah, when I see people going for the grapple I just run like hell! I do use it myself about 80% of the time because it's almost a guaranteed win if you get in first, but I find it infuriating to be on the other end of it, swaying helplessly as you get pummelled with rockets. :D

Has anyone else managed to get a kill by spinning to reflect rockets back? I've been trying to do it for ages but can't quite get it.

User Info: smithers43

smithers43
8 years ago#6
I absolutely love the online and i love doing what @large_Tonberry does too i find it great. also the skill which lets you hide yourself as a miner is fantastic

Large_Tonberry
8 years ago#7
I saw a fantastic tactic used by a rookie yesterday (he didn't win, but it was amazing to watch!) On the Drainage Ditch level (the one with the gates & switches) he used reverse gravity & fluid change simultaneously and just wreaked absolute havoc across the map! Sure, he killed himself and lost the game, but with a bit more finesse, that could definitely be a winning tactic!

Another tactic I use on the "Slippery when wet" map is to immediately go up to the top corner above your own base and hide in that long crevice. Rookies will always storm straight into your base when the game starts, and you can just watch them go by oblivious to your presence! Then just move all the survivors from their end of the map closer to your own base while they're "patrolling"!

My all time favourite, which I tried out just yesterday on "Falling Rocks" is to go into your base, go upwards and shoot out the blocks to force the lava to come down on top of your base. Then shoot out the top part in the middle of your base to make the lava flow downwards. This completely traps you inside the back of the base with no option other than overheating... and you guessed it. Switch positions! They're now stuck, and have no choice but to kill themselves or wait to overheat. ^_^ This is a fantastic thing to pull of when they're trying to corner you, but does require some forethought and planning. (Though thinking about it, it's probably better to try and get them in their own base, I just happened to do it in mine.)

User Info: Potegaman

Potegaman
8 years ago#8
My favourite combo against asteroid rookies is reverse controls + sticky ship. It's really fun to watch them... or just doing your thing when you're on offense and hearing that funny sound when they stick to a wall every second.

User Info: sinncross

sinncross
8 years ago#9
I have a question: how easy are the 2 online trophies?
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Oh, another game just got Vanquish'ed by short length.

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
8 years ago#10
They are pretty easy, you need to win about 4-5 matches to get both.

You need 50 credits to bet on a match, you'll get credits for winning. Just bet every time that it gives you the option, you'll get it eventually.

Just moving from the asteroid belt to the next planet will get you the other. Like I said, if you win 4-5 matches you will get this one.

Not difficult at all.
  1. Boards
  2. PixelJunk Shooter 2
  3. Online Battle Strategies
  • Topic Archived