• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  3. Differences between horses?

User Info: TheOriginalMax

TheOriginalMax
8 years ago#1
I've noticed that some horses are actually slower than others.
The white horses for instance have a slow tempo when they're galloping. Their hooves strike the ground at a much slower rate than any of the other horses'. I even tried if it affected the speed, after thinking it was slower, and noticed the white horses are indeed slower than any others. This I noticed when I was following a horse riding NPC. I couldn't really keep up with them on the white horse(the NPCs had to stop galloping for awhile so I could catch up), but didn't when riding another horse.

Now I want to know, are there any more differences?
Which is the fastest then?
Do some horses jump from greater heights?
What's the point of even having an armored horse?
How about those horses some of the guards are riding on, the ones with the bags hanging. Are they any different?
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Patience is a virtue but I'm a sinner.

User Info: 5j3553

5j3553
8 years ago#2

some horses resist attacks more than others

TheOriginalMax
8 years ago#3
Ah so that's where the armor comes to play?
I see. Thanks.
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99

User Info: airtamis

airtamis
8 years ago#4
It's not the color of the horse that matters. If you read the instruction manual, it says that the horses with saddle bags are just plain horses, the horses without anything but a saddle are fastest, and the warhorses (Armored horses) are slower, but are better when fighting guards.

User Info: HiryuMK

HiryuMK
8 years ago#5
^Those armored horses also can't jump a big hole in a bridge.

Which 1 flag require that.
PSN: HiryuMK
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2100/bouncyms9.gif

User Info: Xire_XII

Xire_XII
8 years ago#6
Manual forgot to mention the white horse with the saddle bags is the best looking horse in the game and deserves a sugar cube.
PSN: Reule, XBL: Xire Reule
MGO ID: Reine, Reule (War Bunnies)

TheOriginalMax
8 years ago#7
If you read the instruction manual, it says that the horses with saddle bags are just plain horses, the horses without anything but a saddle are fastest
It said they're just plain?
Ok but are they slower?
What's the definition of plain? Not wearing armor?

whatever the case, the white horses are slower. The gallop tempo isn't throwing me off because I've tried it in a mission where I had to follow someone else who's on horseback...

**SPOILERS**
La Volpe specifically.
**END**

Though it could be a glitch of sorts, this game is riddled with them.

User Info: SkunkHunter

SkunkHunter
8 years ago#8
My experience with the horses is consistent with what's reported from the manual, above. The speed of the horse depends upon what's on the horse, rather than its color. Horses with barding are the slowest, with the heavily barded horses being quite slow (you almost feel like you're lagging or something and the first time I got on one, I thought I was). Then the horses burdened with saddlebags. And the fastest are those with just a saddle.

User Info: champ447

champ447
8 years ago#9

I thought that maybe the messanger horses with the bags would be faster because...well...you want you mail and stuff to be delivered fast lol, but I guess not. I like the armoured ones for their look :D

TheOriginalMax
8 years ago#10
The speed of the horse depends upon what's on the horse, rather than its color.
But again, the white horse had nothing on it. Yet it's slower.
Please tell me someone else at least noticed the slower galloping tempo on the white horses?
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  3. Differences between horses?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Who's still playing?N7BigBoss14/17 9:49PM