This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FunkyJumperMan

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#21
The Black Garden, that's the one. I can't manage the hordes and the boss. I can generally kill the first one, but that takes up all my heavy ammo, leaving me with a hard task. I'll get it soon, and probably amazed at how easy it all felt lol.
With regards to the DLC, i'll probably get them all, hd space permitting. I'm enjoying Destiny immensely, if I can expand the experience i'm all for it.
Don't grow up - IT'S A TRAP!

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
4 months ago#22
The one good thing about the forced full install is that you already have the DLC on your system (You should see "The Taken King" on the title screen), so it won't take any more HDD space.

Are you doing the bounties? They're from the robot if you walk straight forward when you enter the tower, just above the stairs that go down. They're a great way to farm glimmer and vanguard rep (which you can never have enough). One bounty that pops up frequently is "Kill 10 vex major/ultras", which you can get in one run of the Black Garden level.
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"
(edited 4 months ago)

desuno-to
4 months ago#23
A little something to keep you motivated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcW7jHTIR-0

It probably means more now that you have finished the main story

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#24
I see the Taken King on the title screen, and the mission markers on the destination screen as well. I've done a couple of bounties, not too many as I just wanted to get through the main game without too much messing. Within minutes of starting, I knew i'd be re-playing it anyway. The patrol missions are pretty sweet, I generally feel the need to play a patrol or two on Mars to warm up.

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#25
Thanks for the trailers! Nice Led Zep soundtrack, that's the band that got me playing a guitar in the first place. Yes they were pretty motivating, I now feel the need for a blast 👍
Didn't realise the DLC was already downloaded, makes things a bit easier
(edited 4 months ago)

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#26
So I got The Taken King DLC. I can now also play the Sword of Crota storyline, and something about a Kell? Plus TTK as well of course.

desuno-to
4 months ago#27
Nice!
So did you get the season pass? If so that means you got the 2 DLC in addition to TTK.
You can check under your quests tab:
In order:
The Dark Below is a hive story, probably the Crota storyline you mentioned. Finishing it will let you start earning rep with Eris.

House of Wolves is a fallen story where you take out a couple fallen kells, so that's the kell thing.

When you finished the main storyline, you actually finished the first parts of both DLC. Sort of like a teaser to get you hooked. You should probably finish those first not only because of the storyline, but also level-wise they're also easier.

Once you're done that, let's talk TTK. You'll also want to level up to L40 asap so you can start using the best weapons
Also get your light at least 240 (or something like that), if you go to that map where you choose your destination, in the bottom left you'll see the daily quests and it will tell you a minimum (or recommended) light level. Doing the dailies is the best way to get legendary marks, which you can use to buy the best stuff.

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#28
All good advice, it'll take me a while to learn all these little tricks. I've just had a quick check and I can play both The Dark Below and House of Wolves, as well as TTK. So this afternoon im going to play TDB storyline. I need a break from The Black Garden for now, it's really getting on my nerves.

desuno-to
4 months ago#29
Fair warning, TDB's final boss can be just as challenging as the black garden. I myself was only recently able to clear it on Heroic Difficulty and it was a chore.

Worst case, try inviting me along in a fireteam and I'll help you clear it. I'm pretty sure you can do it for those missions. It becomes infinitely easier when you're not going at it alone. There's a task I'll need your help as well so we can help each other out!

desuno-to
4 months ago#30
So talking to you rejuvenated my interest in the game and I binged it this weekend, finishing TTK story, and spending literally hours to get to rank 3 in the crucible (competitive online PvP). Rank 3 (for everything, from crucible, vanguard, weaponsmith, etc) is important as it unlocks most items for purchase, as well as most quests.

But wow, final level of TTK was intimidating, esp if you're going at it alone.
Speaking of which, how goes your questing? I'd be interested in seeing if we can team up on a story quest, although with you on GMT the best times for me will be really early morning over there. Weekends would probably have more leeway.
  • Post New Message
More topics from this board...
General Info.xGenocidest1612/28/2017