This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FunkyJumperMan

FunkyJumperMan
5 months ago#11
I'll bear that in mind. I'm sure once i've got the feel of the game i'll be up for teaming up. Imma install it tomorrow, i've been laid up with food poisoning and still feel a bit wonky
Don't grow up - IT'S A TRAP!

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
4 months ago#12
ouch, hope you feel better. A nice asian Chazuke or Congee will do wonders for your stomach if there's an asian mart nearby.

Keep in mind I'm no expert at the game, but I'm done the main story so if you have any questions feel free to ask. There are also some real experts on this board (who hopefully still drop by) too.
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#13
That sounds like good advice, unfortunately I live in a small village on the north east coast of England...the nearest asian supermarket is about 40 miles away!

Just started installing it, the downloads will take hours. 😤

desuno-to
4 months ago#14
I don't know if it will apply in your case, but the game will also force you to DL/install the Taken King DLC, even if you haven't bought it, so if your download only installed the base game... be prepared for another huge DL right after it.

In the meantime, I have to ask, is Brexit as bad as the media is making it out to be? Media over here is making it sound like the entire country is going to s*** over it, but what's the reality?

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#15
I'd read I needed to download the DLC, so i'm not too bothered about the extra download. Hope I have the space for it.

I did a few missions yesterday, pretty good learning curve, decent gameplay which demands patience and precision.

With regard to Brexit, it is the biggest political s***-shower i've ever witnessed. I'm embarrassed in the government of my country. We had a chance for true independence, which has been thrown away. Our political leaders are in denial about what's happening.
But yes, the country is going to the dogs. No other way to put it. I'm watching the news right now, waiting for our Prime Minister's statement about her timetable for resigning. That says it all really.
Generally, we're fed up with the whole thing and just want it done.
(edited 4 months ago)

desuno-to
4 months ago#16
So one big tip is to save at least some engrams (the "loot" that you exchange for weapons/armor) for later. Especially the purple/yellow ones which are super rare, the reason being is that the higher level (light) you are when you "decrypt" them, the higher the level of the item you get. 40 is the highest level (which you'll hit pretty quickly) but light is a different story. I just cracked 300 light, and that was a PAINSTAKING process, trust me.

So... the media got it right for once? Wow.

I also saw that news clip of the queen at a grocery self-checkout machine, and apparently her first comment was that people could just steal the stuff without paying for it.

And lets not forget about Lord Buckethead. I really hopes he gets elected some day.

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#17
I always wanted the Monster Raving Loony Party won sone seats, but yes, all hail Lord Buckethead!

I'm loving Destiny. Currently i'm at lvl.15 and just received the first mission on Mars. I like the bounty system as well. Nice tip about saving some engrams - i've been decoding them pretty regularly. I've also been dismantling my extra armour and weapons, is it a good idea to keep some of those as well?

desuno-to
4 months ago#18
FunkyJumperMan posted...
I always wanted the Monster Raving Loony Party won sone seats, but yes, all hail Lord Buckethead!

I'm loving Destiny. Currently i'm at lvl.15 and just received the first mission on Mars. I like the bounty system as well. Nice tip about saving some engrams - i've been decoding them pretty regularly. I've also been dismantling my extra armour and weapons, is it a good idea to keep some of those as well?

I think the main reason for keeping older stuff is if you plan on doing another run using a different character type (Warlock, Hunter, Titan), since you'll notice there is a "minimum level" to use each. You can transfer your equip between accounts, but if your character isn't leveled enough they can't use it. I would also keep some of each weapon type (both type of weapon like scout rifle, sniper etc, as well as damage type). There will also be missions from the weaponsmith who will require you dismantle certain weapon types for quests, so keeping some on hand (around 5-7 of each type) will let you immediately clear the quests instead of having to grind for engrams hoping you'll get the correct weapon type.

Speaking of engrams, you are going to want to decrypt some of them as you go along, but do you understand the whole "light" thing? It's a frustrating mechanic where you need to re-equip everything before you decrypt the engram so you have the highest possible light in order the get the higher weapon levels. After decrypting you can then re-equip the equipment you actually want to use. It's actually pretty annoying.

Did you get the Taken King DLC? If you like the game, you will want it because there will be LOTS of stuff you can't access unless you have it. It will be frustrating to get a weapon you can't use because the level cap if you have the DLC is much higher, as well as the different mission types and of course, the story.

FunkyJumperMan
4 months ago#19
I don't have the DLC yet, I'm going to get it in the next day or so.
I see my Light score, it changes with the weapons or armour changes. I don't quite understand it yet, but I haven't really played with it.
I'm at lvl. 21 and keep getting shafted on a lvl. 18 quest, the Black Gate. I can get to what I hope is the boss, and then I keep getting my arse handed to me. It's the first time I got really stuck, i'm sure I'll crack it sooner or later

desuno-to
4 months ago#20
Do you mean the "Black Garden" on Mars? Is it one where the boss fight starts with a ton of vex and a giant statue comes to life?
That's the last level if you don't have any of the DLC, and yeah, it was the first one that gave me trouble too. I'll let you figure it out, but if you're still stuck let me know if you want any hints.

So have you thought about which DLC to get, or are you getting all of it? Season pass of course if getting everything, but if you're only getting one I would go with The Taken King as it's the one with the max level cap, as well as all the best missions & equipment.
  • Post New Message
More topics from this board...
General Info.xGenocidest1612/28/2017