This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Do I have the Taken King with the standard edition?

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
2 years ago#1
I have the standard physical edition and installed the 20GB of updates. I haven't bought any dlc except for the Free armoury DLC that came with the game.

Yet when I start up the game, the first thing I see is the title screen for "The Taken King".

Did this become standard, or is it just a cruel ad for the DLC?

User Info: Gtehbee

Gtehbee
2 years ago#2
The Taken King is on the title screen by default, kinda how the next gen versions had Rise of Iron on the title screen up until Age of Triumph. You also get Taken encounters in the Cosmodrome, Mars and Venus regardless of whether you have The Taken King or not
PSN: GamerOrGunner
Currently Playing: Destiny, Borderlands 2/The Pre Sequel, Black Ops 3, Grand Theft Auto V, Persona 5, World of Tanks, Star Trek Online.

desuno-to
2 years ago#3
Thanks!
Man, that is so misleading. What other game shows a title screen for a game you don't have??

Seeing as how they seem to have ditched those of us using "legacy platforms", esp regarding features on the bungie website, you'd think they might throw us a bone, like giving us the correct title screen.

Also, total noob here. What is a "Taken encounter"?

User Info: RufusWolfe

RufusWolfe
2 years ago#4
If you haven't seen them already, The Taken are cosmic black warped versions of other enemies that randomly invade a sector of the planet you're running around on. Their presence is explained in The Taken King story missions.
Visit the Amethytus Library at: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/312242/

desuno-to
2 years ago#5
RufusWolfe posted...
If you haven't seen them already, The Taken are cosmic black warped versions of other enemies that randomly invade a sector of the planet you're running around on. Their presence is explained in The Taken King story missions.

So they will appear on vanilla version levels, even without TTK DLC? I've seen black shadowy enemies, but haven't played enough to know if they are "shadow" versions of existing enemies or not.

User Info: RufusWolfe

RufusWolfe
2 years ago#6
When The Taken King was released, it near-completely overhauled the game mechanics. In order for everyone to continue playing with each other, even people who haven't downloaded the Taken King DLC will still experience the changes. Public Events in the form of Taken Invasions are one of these elements. Having "The Taken King" subtitle is another. But be warned, you will need to buy the DLC if you want to reach the level cap and the perks that come with it. It's worth it, IMO.
Visit the Amethytus Library at: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/312242/
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Do I have the Taken King with the standard edition?
  • Topic Archived