This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Going into this on a PS3... (can I play offline?)

User Info: tadpole11

tadpole11
2 years ago#1
I am thinking of getting this for a PS3. I will get Destiny 2/PS4 eventually, but for now I'm just looking for a shooter to kill some time with. What I DON'T want though is for the PS3 servers to be shut down eventually and then I cannot play the game at all.

So does this game have any offline mode at all? Something I'll be able to put it and play several years down the road and still have my character? I only really care about playing it with my brother, so offline co-op for the main story missions would be fine. I've read that you DO need an internet connection to connect to the main server, etc etc, I get that, but can I actually play the game itself in an offline capacity?

1. Is there offline gameplay? (not included server check-in)
2. Is there split screen couch co-op?
3. Is there private LAN connectivity option for a 2-4 player game?
4. If they shut down the multiplayer game servers on PS3, will the PS3 version be dead completely?

Anything else to add on this topic is welcome. Thanks in advance guys.

User Info: lpflames68

lpflames68
2 years ago#2
Pretty much no to everything except the last. Resounding yes.

User Info: Andre_Luiz1969

Andre_Luiz1969
2 years ago#3
No. No. No. Yes
PSN: Andre_Luiz1969 - CoD Ghosts/AW Clan: HeadHunterz4Life

User Info: 71ravn

71ravn
2 years ago#4
I thought I heard that you can roll your file forwards from PS3 to PS4, you just gotta get the game...again. Was that wrong?
"A song you cannot hear, destruction you cannot see. That is my ability." -- San Otonashi, "R+V2"
PSN: Raven-Ghosthawk

User Info: tadpole11

tadpole11
2 years ago#5
I think they've said you can only import your CHARACTER -- as in, your character from the character creator. All your weapons, even your levels and stats will reset. That isn't basically anything aside from people who want their same character for posterity sake.
FFRK ID: *KcKu* -- Aerith 399 MND; "Hidden Bloom", instant large group heal, Shellga, plus 2000 HP damage barrier on all allies (triggers w/ no delay)

User Info: 71ravn

71ravn
2 years ago#6
tadpole11 posted...
I think they've said you can only import your CHARACTER -- as in, your character from the character creator. All your weapons, even your levels and stats will reset. That isn't basically anything aside from people who want their same character for posterity sake.

D: Well, ****...
"A song you cannot hear, destruction you cannot see. That is my ability." -- San Otonashi, "R+V2"
PSN: Raven-Ghosthawk
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Going into this on a PS3... (can I play offline?)
  • Topic Archived