This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Is anyone staying after August / RoI?

User Info: KewlBoi

KewlBoi
3 years ago#11
^yep

User Info: KenMorris

KenMorris
3 years ago#12
I'm not.
I don't blame Bungie of doing this.
I love and loved Destiny.
But it's time for me to move on.
All my friends have moved on to PS4 or to another game already.
I played this game for about two years and it was a fun 2-year experience.

User Info: HighVoltage87

HighVoltage87
3 years ago#13
KenMorris posted...
I'm not.
I don't blame Bungie of doing this.
I love and loved Destiny.
But it's time for me to move on.
All my friends have moved on to PS4 or to another game already.
I played this game for about two years and it was a fun 2-year experience.

I feel they should have supposed last gen consoles till Destiny 2. It just seems to me that they got tired of having to support 4 versions of the game, which I get. But I also saw it as an opportunity for a cash grab: cut off last gen players and coax them into buying their game again.

I have a next gen console. I just can justify paying another $30 for a game I have already played to death, and yet another $30 for the new DLC.

User Info: EbonTitanium

EbonTitanium
3 years ago#14
Destiny 2 was supposed to come out this year (2 years of support) but they push it back to next year.
I don't know which is worse: fanboys or elitist.

User Info: marc55

marc55
3 years ago#15
EbonTitanium posted...
Destiny 2 was supposed to come out this year (2 years of support) but they push it back to next year.

and didnt they say all the remaining content for this one would be free too ?
There is no sound, no voice, no cry in all the world that can be heard... until someone listens.

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
3 years ago#16
I'll be playing. I'm a Destiny PvP fiend. Nothing satisfies my competitive itch like squaring up against guardians in the Crucible.

Anyone who plans to keep playing is welcome to add me. My Destiny friends list has dwindled down substantially over the past couple of months.
PSN: darkoj- (Add for Destiny, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Dark Souls 1 and 2, and Minecraft co-op (PS3))
i5 3317u / HD 4000 / 8GB DDR3 / 500GB HDD + 24GB SSD

User Info: biledriver

biledriver
3 years ago#17
darkoj posted...
I'll be playing. I'm a Destiny PvP fiend. Nothing satisfies my competitive itch like squaring up against guardians in the Crucible.

Anyone who plans to keep playing is welcome to add me. My Destiny friends list has dwindled down substantially over the past couple of months.

We get this Banner as our last one. Bungie said that awhile back. So I might be on for one last Banner, I wish i was Control but at least it's not rift LoL

Think we've brushed guns before darkoj, I'm ThemPillsITook on PSN. Hope to see a busy Banner for one last hurrah.
Listen to Tom Waits

User Info: GrannyFlyOnT8

GrannyFlyOnT8
3 years ago#18
Yes, but not that often anymore. I only play 2 games on console, Destiny and The Last of Us. I won't buy a whole new console just for two games. Oh man... I hate console exclusives.

User Info: Cresset

Cresset
3 years ago#19
I'm really unsure about what to do. I like Destiny but buying the game again just for a last expansion before they move on to Destiny 2 sounds like a bad deal. Though I'll probably get a PS4 in the future, so might as well do it now and spend a little more on Destiny? Dunno. But I don't feel like playing with a stagnant half game.

Posting this on Bungie.net or Reddit just gets me a barrage of NUUUUUU STOP HOLDING US BACK JUST UPGRADE OR DIE IN A FIRE messages, so it's hard to get opinions.

biledriver posted...
We get this Banner as our last one. Bungie said that awhile back. So I might be on for one last Banner, I wish i was Control but at least it's not rift LoL

Think we've brushed guns before darkoj, I'm ThemPillsITook on PSN. Hope to see a busy Banner for one last hurrah.

But the progress in this Banner won't be transferred to PS4 if we do upgrade until September, as support will cease tomorrow (August 16th 2016). Just a little extra salt in the wound, lol.

edit: support won't end, I meant the branching between legacy and current versions happens on the 16th.
Being able to change keyboard settings is the right of all sentient gamers. - spydey_fan

User Info: biledriver

biledriver
3 years ago#20
Cresset posted...
I'm really unsure about what to do. I like Destiny but buying the game again just for a last expansion before they move on to Destiny 2 sounds like a bad deal. Though I'll probably get a PS4 in the future, so might as well do it now and spend a little more on Destiny? Dunno. But I don't feel like playing with a stagnant half game.

Posting this on Bungie.net or Reddit just gets me a barrage of NUUUUUU STOP HOLDING US BACK JUST UPGRADE OR DIE IN A FIRE messages, so it's hard to get opinions.

Yea, it was an especially hard decision for PS3 players because we're the only ones playing without paying for monthly access to online. So it was always an additional $50 or so for me to "upgrade". Harder still since Destiny is quite literally the first game I have played online multiplayer in.

Value wise it's stupid for me to buy a PS4 for Destiny and I just don't have a ton of other games I would play for it when you also consider my backlog from last gen. I'd get an Xbox One to save a bit of cash to only play Destiny but there's NO WAY I'm starting new characters from scratch. That just seems frustrating as hell.
Listen to Tom Waits
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Is anyone staying after August / RoI?
  • Topic Archived