• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Whats your best wave on Survival? (Legitimately)

User Info: chrono2888

chrono2888
6 years ago#1
Whats your best wave on Survival? Mines 31 on Resistance and that's constant revives,2 Sentry guns(one above on the bridge area and one over by that sign in the alley) after wave 6, And delta force every wave as much as possible after 13. I tend to make my stand under the bridge Cause by then it gets crazy and by the time you hit wave 25 its nuts. Cheating is boring. I also favor the Shotgun.
Anyone else favor the Shotgun or maybe you like the Full Autos??

User Info: DarthTyrannus83

DarthTyrannus83
6 years ago#2
38 on Underground solo, and 55 on the same map with a friend, using a strategy i found on youtube. Basically, camp under the tent near the air support crate until wave 21 with two sentry guns, then move to the tunnel, place one sentry in the niche to cover your back, and the other on the front left. Place C4 on the stairways leading to the main hall, when you see large enemy congregations on that spot in the map, detonate them.
Also place mines near the tunnel entrances. Leave the chopper for the last, it gives you time to reload and resupply/set explosives. For jug waves, theres a white truck to the side of the railway, blow it up then jump on it, jugs cant reach you, and you get clear headshots. That guy on youtube survived to wave 67, but hes exceptionally good, and it takes a lot of patience and careful thinking.

Jug waves on Easy difficulty maps are 10, 15, 20, 26, after that goes a pattern of a jug wave every 4 waves, ie the next will be 30, 34, 38, etc.

A general tip for at least easy maps is to conserve as much money up to round 21, then when enemies get tougher, use lots of explosives, 2 sentries, always have body armor, get sleight of hand, 2 machine guns (preferably MG36 and LSW, they have the fastest reload) and flash grenades. The difficulty curve for harder maps is much steeper, and the only viable strategy remains the kill-train, where you run circles around the map gradually killing enemies off.

For resistance, try to hide in the shop on the north-western part of teh map, mine the back door, C4 on the outside around the van, 2 sentries front, in between the tables so the dogs cant get to you, and you can also climb onto one of teh shelves for added protection. Also use airstrike on higher waves. Theres also a good jug strategy for this map, but i dont think you can do it solo, basically you hide prone in the well near the weapons crate with your teammate on top of you shooting, when he dies you revive him, and so on.

For weapons dont buy anything except machine guns or at least P90, everything else renders obsolete after wave 20. Get underbarrel handle and a holo/red dot on both for stability and accuracy. Predator missile is also useless on higher wave. GIGN squad can come in handy from time to time. This is all assuming youre level 50 profile.
Sorry for long text, i just really enjoy the survival mode, zombies aint got **** on it.
http://www.last.fm/user/DarthTyrannus83
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Whats your best wave on Survival? (Legitimately)
  • Topic Archived