• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Um, how the hell is Russia able to attack 4+ countries simultaneously?

User Info: DrStrangelove05

DrStrangelove05
9 years ago#1

USA, UK, France, Germany.

Russia invading America was ridiculous enough, but at least it was a relatively balanced fight. Am I the only one that thinks Russia taking on those other 3 countries (along with USA) at the same time to be a stretch too far? Is China, Brazil, etc helping them or something?

User Info: DeX2010

DeX2010
9 years ago#2
MW2 was far fetched and so is this, But as its a game I don't really mind if 'its possible or not'. But I don't think its possible in the real world, Russia is just one country and the UK, France, USA and Germany are all Nuclear Armed Nations with sophisticated weapons and highly trained troops so if Russia took on 4 countries at once, they'd get their ass handed to them, a bit like Germany did when they tried fighting 2 fronts at the same time(Allies on the western front, Russia on the eastern front).

User Info: CromStrikesBack

CromStrikesBack
9 years ago#3
COD4 was great, people used to praise it for being realistic, it wasn't run and gun like Halo yet it wasn't so slow paced like Rainbow 6. Now though, it's way to over the top, and crap like dual wielding shotguns for a side arm and heartbeat sensors is making the game Halo-esque because of the over the top action.

The storyline from the modern warfare games mirrors this.
"Wisdom in wonder" - Socrates
New **** has come to light - Dudeism on Progress.

User Info: DrStrangelove05

DrStrangelove05
9 years ago#4

I never played CoD 4 (started with MW2), but from what I've read, the entire plot was very plausable. MW2 just felt like a Michael Bay flick: over the top, but messy and not all that memorable. MW3 sounds even more ridiculous.

User Info: Tactical_Nuke

Tactical_Nuke
9 years ago#5
inb4itsagame
Xbox Live GT: i got skeels, Gamerscore-16637G
Don't tell anyone your problems. 20% don't give a s*** and 80% will be glad you do have those problems

User Info: NDfanjeff

NDfanjeff
9 years ago#6
The most farfetched thing in CoD4 was the ghillies in the mist level, and even that was pretty realistic. And it was my favorite mission of all time... so yeah I'd say they've only gone downhill from there.
Babylon is falling down, everybody losing control

User Info: sodapo641

sodapo641
9 years ago#7
NDfanjeff posted...
The most farfetched thing in CoD4 was the ghillies in the mist level, and even that was pretty realistic. And it was my favorite mission of all time... so yeah I'd say they've only gone downhill from there.

That was such a fun mission <3
PSN:HeY_iTz_JosH
GT:I Like Samiches

User Info: battalionwars2

battalionwars2
9 years ago#8
Number One: It's a game, it's for fun.
Number Two: EMP's.
Number Three: They don't want to kill millions of people with Nuclear weapons.
Gamer Tag: Some Beef
PSN: SomeBeef

User Info: DaCSSMastah

DaCSSMastah
9 years ago#9
CromStrikesBack posted...
COD4 was great, people used to praise it for being realistic, it wasn't run and gun like Halo yet it wasn't so slow paced like Rainbow 6. Now though, it's way to over the top, and crap like dual wielding shotguns for a side arm and heartbeat sensors is making the game Halo-esque because of the over the top action.

The storyline from the modern warfare games mirrors this.

Cod4 wasn't a run and gun? Hahaha. Wrong!
Graphic Designer since birth
PRETTY + SMART: It takes more than good looks to make a design effective

User Info: MagsMp

MagsMp
9 years ago#10
Germany Might actually be on the winning side this world war LOL Russia is screwed if everybody counterattacks
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Um, how the hell is Russia able to attack 4+ countries simultaneously?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A