stupid Kaidan romance glitch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. stupid Kaidan romance glitch

User Info: arianashepard

arianashepard
1 month ago#1
Hi, this is my first post here cause I am now desperate enough to ask for help lmao. sorry if this is a mess, english isn't my biggest strength

I'm playing through mass effect again and I'm about to start the Citadel dlc in mass effect 3. First, I went to see Kaidan at apollo's cafe, who I have been romancing since mass effect 1. So we talk, only problem is I get the FRIEND talk and my shep is basically like 'yeah you're a brother to me Kaidan' and it's quite different from the romance version (which I have seen on youtube so I know I'm supposed to get it)

So, naturally I go into the save editor to correct it, but according to the save editor I AM romancing him.

Sooo, why doesn't the game seem to give a damn about it suddenly? also it did acknowledge my romance with him earlier in mass effect 3, but it just stopped all of a sudden. I have also spoken to him regularly throughout the game and never turned down advances or anything,

honestly this is so annoying, does anyone know how a romance can just stop all of a sudden, but at the same time be marked as active in the save editor? Anyone have any idea what I can do about it?

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
1 month ago#2
...Maybe you locked in with someone else by accident?

You're saying 'since Mass Effect 1' so you're definitely playing a Femshep. That... doesn't open a lot of choices. Did you make a mistake when talking to Liara or Traynor?

If not that, then either you made a mistake when talking to Kaidan at the cafe and friendzoned him(but you're denying that, so...) or you ran into some kind of glitch somewhere.

...Maybe you triggered something with Kelly Chambers while talking to her, if she's still around in your game? But then, does Kelly even influence the actual romances, being just a pseudo-romance herself? Not sure about this possibility.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/76125431

User Info: arianashepard

arianashepard
1 month ago#3
I haven't locked in with anyone else, and I haven't spoken to Chambers this game either. I've been careful not to flirt with any of the other characters. Though Liara's "father" did refer to my shepard as "Liara's girlfriend", but apparently this happens to a lot of people who aren't romancing Liara. and I checked in the save editor and the only box that is checked is Kaidan's. So I don't understand why my game doesn't acknowledge that :/
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. stupid Kaidan romance glitch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived