• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. James Bond 007: Blood Stone
  3. Criminally underrated! More fun than Goldeneye, IMO.

User Info: dougsdad0629

dougsdad0629
9 years ago#1
Just picked this up at the current Gamestop B2G1 free preowned sale. I freakin' LOVE this game. It's just flat out fun! Not that I didn't enjoy Goldeneye (I did), but I'm finding this to be more enjoyable. It may not have top tier graphics (but they're still good) and may be a bit short, but what's here is incredibly exciting. Can't believe some of the so-so reviews nearly scared me off.

Any word of a sequel? I haven't finished it yet, so don't spoil it for me, but I remember some reviews saying that it ended in a cliffhanger or was open-ended or something like that.
I've been gaming longer than some of you have been alive.

User Info: wwefanforlife

wwefanforlife
9 years ago#2

dougsdad0629 posted...
Just picked this up at the current Gamestop B2G1 free preowned sale. I freakin' LOVE this game. It's just flat out fun! Not that I didn't enjoy Goldeneye (I did), but I'm finding this to be more enjoyable. It may not have top tier graphics (but they're still good) and may be a bit short, but what's here is incredibly exciting. Can't believe some of the so-so reviews nearly scared me off.

Any word of a sequel? I haven't finished it yet, so don't spoil it for me, but I remember some reviews saying that it ended in a cliffhanger or was open-ended or something like that.
---

If Bloodstone had a sequel it wouldn't be by the same developers since Activision ended up closing Bizarre Creations down. I'll admit I'm not a fan of the Bond movies but I do like this game as part of the gameplay reminds me of Bizarre Creations other game The Club.

User Info: dougsdad0629

dougsdad0629
9 years ago#3
As cool as Sean Connery is, his Bond movies are really old and some of them haven't aged well. Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond because he's rough around the edges. I would welcome more Bond games from any developer. They don't have to be phenomenal. They just need to be fun.

When it comes to movie licenses, I think this is the way to do it. Take the movie character and make an original story/setting for the game. When a movie license tries to actually use a movie as a template, it rarely works. Too many restrictions as to what you can and can't do.
  1. Boards
  2. James Bond 007: Blood Stone
  3. Criminally underrated! More fun than Goldeneye, IMO.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Security camera ? Side Quest4 Answers
Will there be any DLC? Main Quest1 Answer
Speed Run...? Main Quest1 Answer
007 Difficulty...? General3 Answers
Five a Day trophy?? Side Quest1 Answer