• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. As host when you are soloing Cerberus on Gold...

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
2 months ago#1
Does anyone else find that Falcon, Venom, Adas (similar type weapons) are just far away superior on console mainly because you dont have to aim and it really stagger kills the enemies so much easier without thinking? The hitscan weapons all suck on host because they dodge way more and the phantoms dont even flinch from it... it is much better on host fighting Collectors and Reapers with those types of weapons. I am just trying to figure out how to use projectile weapons with every class setup because you still have to worry about if the class can handle.

1) Guardian shields (not great with Falcon)
2) Dragoon Armor (if you cant kill it fast enough with ammo power you are using)
3) Defeating Atlases fast (Falcon/Adas is SOOOO slow with killing bosses)

I don't mind the Venom and I want to like it but I really just think the Falcon is so much easier for me. I have all these weapons maxed btw.

Any sort of optimal way to make these projectile weapons own every type of unit including bosses for Cerberus?

Also an interesting note is that most weapon based classes that you want to cheese with a Harrier or something absolutely suck on phantoms so I always feel forced to use projectile weapons instead against this faction. Only way around defeating a phantom with hitscan weapons is either doing something like geth juggernaut melee on a phantom,stasis,overloadx100, or any of the other powers that render the phantom into a ragdoll state. Otherwise you are forced to bring a Acolyte or something and I dont always feel like doing that. (Hence why I just bring my Falcon)
I can't be a troll. My karma is too high.
My greatest enemies have me on their ignore list because they can't handle the truth hammer.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Hui_Tian

Hui_Tian
2 months ago#2
Its been a while since I played...

But personally loved using the Falcon on my Turian Ghost, and hopping all over the place. Use Incendiary Ammo and your Falcon should be lighting groups on fire. Follow up with Overload to trigger a fire explosion. Like I said, its been a while and I can't remember if you if Chain Overlord could trigger more than one Fire Explosion, but you'll be lighting people up regardless.

Also note, the Turian Ghost' s Tac Cloak does a nice buff to AR damage and seems to increase the chance to proc Enemies. If You're quick, Overload will fall into Tac Cloaks cool down too.

As for Guardians, youre always going to have a hard time with them unless you a conventional weapon that piercies. Using Cryo Ammo can be useful for getting a bounce to hit them, freezing them and potentionally dropping their riot shield. But then youre missing out on those juicy Fiery explosions.

I don't know if I would solo gold with this build, but i never considered myself top tier
"I'll Eat Your Dog!!!"
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
2 months ago#3
Hui_Tian posted...
Its been a while since I played...

But personally loved using the Falcon on my Turian Ghost, and hopping all over the place. Use Incendiary Ammo and your Falcon should be lighting groups on fire. Follow up with Overload to trigger a fire explosion. Like I said, its been a while and I can't remember if you if Chain Overlord could trigger more than one Fire Explosion, but you'll be lighting people up regardless.

Also note, the Turian Ghost' s Tac Cloak does a nice buff to AR damage and seems to increase the chance to proc Enemies. If You're quick, Overload will fall into Tac Cloaks cool down too.

As for Guardians, youre always going to have a hard time with them unless you a conventional weapon that piercies. Using Cryo Ammo can be useful for getting a bounce to hit them, freezing them and potentionally dropping their riot shield. But then youre missing out on those juicy Fiery explosions.

I don't know if I would solo gold with this build, but i never considered myself top tier

Falcon is amazing vs Cerberus I agree. I use that thing the way alot of people use the Venom, i just had way more success with Falcon tho.

I can't be a troll. My karma is too high.
My greatest enemies have me on their ignore list because they can't handle the truth hammer.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. As host when you are soloing Cerberus on Gold...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A