Best Mass Effect Game ?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Best Mass Effect Game ?

User Info: old_man_gimp

old_man_gimp
1 month ago#21
For me, it was ME2, for purely subjective reasons:

1. It was the first ME game that I played (hey, it was used, cheap, and looked kinda interesting on the box).

2. After (finally) playing ME1, getting to hear Wrex greet me ("My friend!") on Tuchanka.

3. Getting a kiss from Gianna on Illium.

Take it as you will.
"Then we are awake, but very puzzled."

User Info: ChrisLeo

ChrisLeo
1 month ago#22
old_man_gimp posted...

1. It was the first ME game that I played (hey, it was used, cheap, and looked kinda interesting on the box).

2. After (finally) playing ME1, getting to hear Wrex greet me ("My friend!") on Tuchanka.

Take it as you will.

Wrex is one of the best if not the best Character to have on your side. Curse anyone who left him for dead.
Now that i think about it he is one of the Biotic Krogans (If i remember correctly Shepard gets to fight only 1 Biotic Krogan throut the Trilogy in the ME2 Mordin's Loyalty Mission). It would have been great if Bioware gave him Biotic Charge like the Vanguard Krogan in ME3, but that would be way to overpowerd for a Squad Mate, same goes for Jack
Video Games are not just art for entertainment, they show a 2nd life. And i am not a Gamer because i got no life, but because i choose to have many. #Pokemon20

User Info: ChrisLeo

ChrisLeo
1 month ago#23
@SuperVegito2487 @trapgod_revan @Olld-Onne
If we are talking about Builds, then check out my Overpowerd Custom Vanguard Shepard:
Powers:Biotic Charge,Nova, Annihilation Field,Biotic Slash,Biotic Smash,Stimulant Pack, Lash
Weapons: Geth Plasma Shotgun, M5-Phalanax, M8-Avenger, M920-Cain (Yes there is a mod that gives you all Heavy weapons permanently), thanks to upgrades i can still get 100% (or above) recharge speed (the weight system sucks though, Shepard is more than strong enough to carry all weapons like in ME2, he can carry Krogans too)
Armor:Blood Dragon Armor (Works great for a Vanguard, i can't belive Bioware even made a Trailer just for this armor)
Squad:Garrus (Obviously for friendship but specifically for the long range and Tech powers), Kaidan (Sentinel is great partner for Vanguard, this guy is seriously underrated), also Wrex when he is available, i wish Legion was here.
Difficulty:Insanity (Only this level can actually provide some challenge for my OP Vanguard)

Also did i also mention that all Powers are individual cooldown ? That's right :)
Video Games are not just art for entertainment, they show a 2nd life. And i am not a Gamer because i got no life, but because i choose to have many. #Pokemon20

User Info: old_man_gimp

old_man_gimp
4 weeks ago#24
ChrisLeo posted...
old_man_gimp posted...

Take it as you will.

Wrex is one of the best if not the best Character to have on your side. Curse anyone who left him for dead.
Now that i think about it he is one of the Biotic Krogans (If i remember correctly Shepard gets to fight only 1 Biotic Krogan throut the Trilogy in the ME2 Mordin's Loyalty Mission). It would have been great if Bioware gave him Biotic Charge like the Vanguard Krogan in ME3, but that would be way to overpowerd for a Squad Mate, same goes for Jack

Wasn't the Krogan Warlord on Thereum (ME1, elevator shaft after rescuing Liara) biotic, as well? I'm not sure.
"Then we are awake, but very puzzled."
(message deleted)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 weeks ago#26
ChrisLeo posted...
@SuperVegito2487 @trapgod_revan @Olld-Onne
If we are talking about Builds, then check out my Overpowerd Custom Vanguard Shepard:
Powers:Biotic Charge,Nova, Annihilation Field,Biotic Slash,Biotic Smash,Stimulant Pack, Lash
Weapons: Geth Plasma Shotgun, M5-Phalanax, M8-Avenger, M920-Cain (Yes there is a mod that gives you all Heavy weapons permanently), thanks to upgrades i can still get 100% (or above) recharge speed (the weight system sucks though, Shepard is more than strong enough to carry all weapons like in ME2, he can carry Krogans too)
Armor:Blood Dragon Armor (Works great for a Vanguard, i can't belive Bioware even made a Trailer just for this armor)
Squad:Garrus (Obviously for friendship but specifically for the long range and Tech powers), Kaidan (Sentinel is great partner for Vanguard, this guy is seriously underrated), also Wrex when he is available, i wish Legion was here.
Difficulty:Insanity (Only this level can actually provide some challenge for my OP Vanguard)

Also did i also mention that all Powers are individual cooldown ? That's right :)

Sounds like a nice enough build. They should have kept the individual cooldowns like the first game in the second and third but then that was the only thing letting the enemies survive more than 5 seconds on Insanity which was no challenge for my Sentinel, that was the problem, overpowered skill spamming. Did not even need a gun that much lol.

I did use everything in every game to increase the strength of powers though which is partly to blame. Even got the fish from the second to survive which is why ME3 became a joke on Insanity and the squad members did not get to kill hardly anything as they were usually already dead by the time they caught up to Shepard. I honestly think I spent as much time watching cutscenes as fighting enemies.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
4 weeks ago#27
I want to say ME3, but I just can't because of the ending. So I'm gonna have to go with ME2. That game took everything that was clunky about ME1 and streamlined it perfectly. It also broke with the Bioware formula in terms of plot.

Of course, ME3 took everything introduced in ME2 and improved on it, but I just can't bring myself to call it the best.
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

User Info: Phenom23

Phenom23
4 weeks ago#28
ME 1 will be my fave for just one reason, Wrex.

ME 2 That suicide mission, so many ways it could wrong or not.

ME 3 Loved the multi, Citadel DLC for sure, and Javik kind of a douche but a cool douche.

Now as for MEA, yeah I played it was alright. Though I did like jaal, similar to Jaavik but cares for family not as big of a douche lol.

And then we have Drack, while not Wrex level. Everyone's gotta enjoy a Krogan around. Couldn't help chuckle when he burst's through a wall and casually says Hi with a laugh in there somewhere.
Gamertag = RagedPhenom666
Pawn - Arwen - Old DDA - Pawn - Gwen - Current DDA.

User Info: UpbeatStream93

UpbeatStream93
4 weeks ago#29
ME3

Great red end
gameplay
gunplay
co-op

also REALLY dislike ME2 and concider it too overrated, just because for many its first game does not make it better.
GT: UndeadWarden

User Info: Stuflames

Stuflames
4 weeks ago#30
I have a soft spot for the ridiculous biotics.

Lift + Throw outdoors.

Come across the same enemy at 1/3 health four minutes later.
PSN: GolemSix
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Best Mass Effect Game ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.