Invalid account? Infinite checking for DLC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Invalid account? Infinite checking for DLC?

User Info: Excalibur

Excalibur
2 months ago#1
So I've got a weird problem going on here. Whenever I start up the game I get hit with that bug where the game tries to check its DLC forever. I know that the way to get around this is to set your game to automatically connect to EA when you boot it up. However, I have ALSO recently been hit with the "your account is invalid" bug where you just straight up cannot log in. This means that the only way I can actually start the game is to disconnect the console's ethernet cable, which is a HUGE pain in the butt.

So how do I fix this? Everything I'm finding in my research only addresses one of these problems, is many years old, and involves attempting to talk to EA directly for hours at a time. Does anyone know of any more recent developments or tricks for bypassing this nonsense?
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.

User Info: ChrisLeo

ChrisLeo
1 month ago#2
Well on the PC you can easely fix and bypass this kind of problem without being directly connected to the internet. On console however, that's a pain and i honestly don't know
Video Games are not just art for entertainment, they show a 2nd life. And i am not a Gamer because i got no life, but because i choose to have many. #Pokemon20

User Info: MsDbird

MsDbird
1 month ago#3
I can't help with the invalid account but I also get the infinite checking for DLC issue. What works for me is making sure auto sign-in to EA servers is on, that allows me to get past the checking for DLC message.

However this unfortunatley means I cannot play offline which may not sound like a big issue but it means I always have my N7 spec ops war asset from multiplayer active which is worth around 5k EMS... meaning they can essentially beat the reapers on their own :/ This basically means I'm locked out of the worst endings even if I speedrun the game with an imported Shepard that killed off everyone possible in the previous games :/

Even starting it up offline and then disconnecting doesn't work as it tells me I can't load any saves because the extended cut DLC is apparently missing (which is most definitely is not).
Well he was Thailand based, she was an airforce wife. He used to fly weekends, it was the easy life...

Excalibur
1 month ago#4
MsDbird posted...
I can't help with the invalid account but I also get the infinite checking for DLC issue. What works for me is making sure auto sign-in to EA servers is on, that allows me to get past the checking for DLC message.

Which I can't do because of the "account invalid" thing. :(

User Info: MsDbird

MsDbird
1 month ago#5
Silly me I didn't notice you'd already mentioned you fixed the checking DLC thing, my bad :S Wish I could help you with the invalid account thing, that sounds like a nightmare.

Does that message appear regardless of the account signed in? IE is it only your GT or anyone that tries on your 360?
Well he was Thailand based, she was an airforce wife. He used to fly weekends, it was the easy life...

Excalibur
1 month ago#6
I'm the only account on this 360, and there's actually no way to even try logging in with a different EA account. Any attempt to access any of that is instantly met with the invalid account screen with the only option being to go back to the menu.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Invalid account? Infinite checking for DLC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived