• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Mitch Hedberg on the Ending

User Info: DarkLordMorsul

DarkLordMorsul
8 years ago#1
So had a laugh today kind of exposing my(and other like minded folk) narrow mindedness.

but I had to laugh at myself, the Issue with people arguing about the first part of the game being great are right however their argument is usually augmented with "whiner" "entitled" "mommy and daddy's money"

I do comedy(seriously outside this board I'm fairly normal lol) and I was listening to one of my inspirations Mitch Hedberg and this joke came up:

"I like to drink red wine. This girl says "Doesn't red wine give you a headache?" "Yeah, eventually! But the first and the middle part are amazing." I'm not gonna stop doing something 'cause of what's gonna happen at the end. "Mitch, you want an apple?" "No, eventually it'll be a core."

I just had to have a laugh at myself sometimes humor shows the truth best.
Don't worry EA some people are still drunk enough to give you money.

User Info: BTzz

BTzz
8 years ago#2
The apple-core analogy is actually a good one.

Provided you also eat the core.
Xbox 360 GT: Ian Bits

User Info: nananabatman

nananabatman
8 years ago#3
They have Xbox in Valhalla?
"Nope. Kaidan puts the "bi" in biotic."- Bronze_Stuff

DarkLordMorsul
8 years ago#4
It just summed up the argument so well, like I said humor.

RIP Mitch, personally I like "Do You Believe in Gosh" the best it wasn't the best but that's why I loved it it was inspiring to see a true Pro not do great brought him(as a performer) down to a human level

User Info: BTzz

BTzz
8 years ago#5
Definitely RIP Mitch, but I think you're missing the point a little here. Comedy logic isn't actually sound logic, it's something that sounds like it could be for the sake of comedy. It doesn't apply.
Xbox 360 GT: Ian Bits

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
8 years ago#6
A satisfying ending is one of the best parts of a story for many, though... Especially a long story we've had years to get emotionally invested in. So it's a bigger problem than it seems to some. =_=
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan

User Info: ShockWav3

ShockWav3
8 years ago#7
Lol, I think the analogy would work better if you get to the core and then find a worm, making you regret eating the apple to begin with. Sure it was delicious when you were oblivious of the worm inside, but once you found it at the end the apple will never be the same in your eyes...
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox

DarkLordMorsul
8 years ago#8
No the ending stinks(massively) but the rest of the trilogy is awesome something we seem to forget and isn't helped with insults.

I just liked how Mtch's quote could be applied to the current mindset of some(myself included) that the rest of the series by default is bad because we focus too much on the ending.

User Info: Sealpup666

Sealpup666
8 years ago#9
What the hell is a seseme? We are not giving them time to grow

DarkLordMorsul
8 years ago#10
two all beef patties lettuce tomato special sauce on a....bun
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Mitch Hedberg on the Ending
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A