• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Ashley Williams and the Tennyson gift (a question)

User Info: Asterra

Asterra
8 years ago#1
So I'm taking things very carefully in my playthrough, and noted that it would be a good idea to grab a copy of Tennyson before heading up to see Ashley. The "conversation" gave me two choices:

1) Thinking of you.
2) You'll be fine.

Now, choice #1 seemed to me like a "romance" type of option, and I decidedly do NOT want that kind of relationship. Yet when I picked #2, the book was not handed over. I assume I needed to pick #1.

This concerns me, because I understand you need to do this bit successfully in order to further some later plot point along in the best fashion. Quote: "It has something to do with working toward winning her over during the Udina showdown." So my question is: If I pick the "thinking of you" option, is this in fact a romance option? Do I have to romance Ashley if I want to have success with this Udina showdown thing?

Asterra
8 years ago#2
Hmm. Well I tried choice #1 and the book still was not handed over (and it cemented my fear that this was a romance choice). Just how does one hand the book over? ;p

User Info: iversonsg03

iversonsg03
8 years ago#3
Hmm that's weird. I romanced Ash in ME1, and my Shep just handed the book over at the start of the conversation.
"Just another day in the SEC"

User Info: Rizzonater

Rizzonater
8 years ago#4
She asks for it in a later visit
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater

User Info: Swoopalz

Swoopalz
8 years ago#5
If I recall correctly, you give the VS the gift during the second conversation. It sounds like you're referring to the first; is Ash still unconscious?
"Sounds like Catalyst logic to me." - DarkLordMorsul

User Info: sir_fredington

sir_fredington
8 years ago#6
you hand the book over when ash is awake

Asterra
8 years ago#7
Thanks, all.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Ashley Williams and the Tennyson gift (a question)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A