• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Miranda-A mini guide if you want to keep her alive SPOILERS

User Info: bluekisses07

bluekisses07
9 years ago#1
Upon reading the dozens of questions about Miranda on meet up with her/saving her from death. I took some time to provide a mini guide if you want her to live. I will try to provide much detail as possible.

---------------------------------------FIRST EMAIL------------------------------------------------
Early in the game after Sur'Kesh Mission (I was roughly 6 hours in)
---You will receive an email from her to meet her in the Citadel Docks: Normandy Docking bay
----(If she was a LI in ME2 she will ask you on of 2 options)----

1. Nothing changed
2. Things are different

(Now I Don't know 100% if you break up with her on docks, she will contact you later or not)

----But I do know for 100% accurate fact if you choose "nothings changed"
IT DOES NOT LOCK YOU IN a romance with her YOU CAN STILL pursue other characters if you wish!-------

----------------------------------SECOND EMAIL--------------------------------------------------
You will receive an email from her wanting you to meet her at the citadel by navi point

*Footnote* the email should pop up after you first run into kai leng on the citadel-if I remember correctly

1. Simply go to the Citadel Embassies Floor- Go to the spectre officer located RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO Commander Bailey's office door.

The third terminal all the way to the left from the spectre store
(You should what I’m talking about if you done kasumi side mission.)

---You do warn her about Kai-leng automatically
(It is easy to miss if you are not closely listening.)

-------------------------------------THIRD EMAIL----------------------------------
The final email she wants you to meet her in person at Presidium Commons: Apartments

**Footnote** a minor bug both by Xbox & PS3 consoles where Miranda is already waiting for you in the apartments before the email is actually sent.

--You must give Miranda the Alliance Resources for her to have the possibility to live!

Select the "I trust you" dialogue when in the apartments with her.

----------------Horizon mission is after Thessia mission-------------

BEFORE THE FINAL MEETUP ON HORIZON/SANCTUARY YOU MUST:

1. Meet with for all three emails
i.e Citadel Docks, Spectre Office, and Presidium Commons: Apartments

2. Warn her about Kai-leng-----automatically done during your second meet up in the Spectre Office

3. Give Miranda Access to Alliance Resources----Presidium Apartment "I trust you" dialogue

------------------------------------Live or Die you Choose------------------------------------------

On the top floor Miranda father will have Orina as a hostage/human shield.
Miranda pleads, "Don't let him take her"

Paragon and Renegade choices

Paragon you talk him out letting Orina go--then Miranda knocks her father out the window with biotics when Orina moves out of the way.

Renegade- Shepard shoot Orina in the leg, falls down- then Miranda knocks her father out the window with biotics

----if you don't have Paragon/Renegade options available

Select the dialogue "I just want Orina"

when you a Renegade icon appears push the button i.e xbox/PS3
Shepard shoot Orina in the leg, falls down- then Miranda knocks her father out the window with biotics

----------Congrats Miranda lives

---------If you want her to die you must any of the following

1. fail to meet with her all three times
2. refuse to give her the alliance resources
3.(I heard if you are an import from ME2, she will die if you did not have her loyal)-someone please correct me

----------------or if you completed the above stated you could

During the standoff with Miranda's father pick the dialogue "I just want Orina" then when the Renegade icon appears don't press it she will be shot by her dad.

User Info: DSKEmmanuel

DSKEmmanuel
9 years ago#2
Did all that, and she still died. :/
PSN-DSKEmilio and GamerTag-DSKEmmanuel
my LBP2 levels~ http://lbp.me/u/DSKEmilio/levels

User Info: FFCloudStrife1

FFCloudStrife1
9 years ago#3

Title is a spoiler. Second topic so far with the same issue. Hope the mods see to this.

User Info: pistachio2888

pistachio2888
9 years ago#4
i did everything correctly except i told her things changed warned her and gave her resources and i even had the paragon option up and she still died what the hell
MageUlook (Studio XPS i7 3.2 Ghz 8gig ram DDR5 Nvida Gforce 550ti DDr5 1gig windows 7 64bit 1tb HD
(message deleted)

bluekisses07
9 years ago#6
pistachio2888 posted...
i did everything correctly except i told her things changed warned her and gave her resources and i even had the paragon option up and she still died what the hell

What then, that could mean that part plays a factor or

If and when you played mass effect 2 was she loyal?

bluekisses07
9 years ago#7
DSKEmmanuel posted...
Did all that, and she still died. :/

Well then if you done everything stated above, I'm starting to wonder if having her loyal from ME2 is true to keep her alive? Sorry i don't know this 100%

bluekisses07
9 years ago#8
BigRaff87 posted...
You have to directly warn her about Kai Leng.

You actually warn her about Kai Leng during your second meeting in the spectre office I mention this several times.

User Info: SpaceCoyote

SpaceCoyote
9 years ago#9
Anyone have an update to this? I did everything in this thread and she still died.

User Info: BioticArm

BioticArm
9 years ago#10
I think the solution is to not pick "Things are different." in the first conversation if she was your love interest in ME2. I did so, and even though I still received her later emails, she died at the end in Sanctuary.

I've fulfilled the other requirements in this FAQs. I warned her about Kai Leng (Though, in the conversation, Shepard just mentions Kai and Miranda responds. Not sure if that was the warning). I gave her the Alliance funds. I've completed her loyalty mission in ME2.

Doubtful, but perhaps it was because I was too slow in reaching the tower. I did take my sweet time, since I love to explore every nook and cranny.
"I came when I heard you'd beaten the ELITE FOUR." - Professor Oak
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Miranda-A mini guide if you want to keep her alive SPOILERS
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A