• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  3. The hell do I say about this story? (SPOILERS)

User Info: tyrongkojy

tyrongkojy
6 years ago#1
So let's start with Carter. What an ass. I mean, he's TOTALY willing to blow up the WHOLE base because of the ethereal, thereby killing all of xcom and dooming humanity. Then you have the many details just left out (suddenly I have a pet silicoid. I have named him squishy. My pet drone is named zappy.) Not to mention that there is NO chance, AT ALL, that this could ever be sucessfully covered up. Not something on this scale. You pretty much kill the infltrator after he's reconnected without a thought, even though, after I had played nice, he's basically my friend. Or at least we've come to a mutual understanding. And then two of the endings leave a horrible taste in my mouth because we commit utter genocide aginst this SLAVE race. What the every hell? And my team members aren't any better. We know the Sectoids are slaves of the Outsiders, themselves slaves, yet they act the way they do when they see one locked up? I get peopel were more racist in the 50s, and we're fighting a war, but a slave race.... this is not ahrd to get, really. But no, two ways humanity commits genocide. In one we enslave AND THEN kill them!

And can someone explain to me why, after the female Ethereal said she would look into other options, try to find a way to let your race survive AND still destroy Mosaic, you still shoot her? Like I said Carter is an ass.

It's not even an anti-hero thing. He's just a total jerk. I HATE this guy! And the sad thing was I WAS liking him, or how I was playing him, at least (though I do realise that I was playing as the Ethereal all that time, which is kinda clever. Keeps the camera angle the same. Then suddenly he's trigger happy and willing to sacrifice all f humanity because he doesn't liek the alien living inside him... even though he owes his whole existence to the etereal, and never once ries to make a deal that doesn't involve threats. LIKE BLOWING UP THE BASE!

So i guess Carter was in fact a total jerkoff from the get go, and the only one who was nice was the alien. Joy. I say let the psycopath devolve into alchohol. Hell, let him shoot himself. This jerk deserves every bad thing that could ever happen to him now. I want to LAUGH at this guy for losing his family, just to amke him feel bad. That's how much I know hate this Carter character.

User Info: sflowers539

sflowers539
6 years ago#2
Carter is a hero, any Cold War era US operative would have acted that way, and it all turned out good in the end.

User Info: tyrongkojy

tyrongkojy
6 years ago#3
Well then the majority of cold war era operatives were raging douchenozzels.

User Info: jenova

jenova
6 years ago#4
You are pretty trusting of warlike aliens, OP. If you were in charge and got me killed because you were dumb, I don't think I's like that at all.
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh; fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding a simple ending without DLC...

User Info: RetroMUFC

RetroMUFC
6 years ago#5
In my playthrough I chose Weaver. I got to the point where Carter is restrained by your two operatives and Faulk says something to the effect that they are going to restrain him if I choose. Instead I drew my sidearm and shot Carter in the head. The guys says something like "wow" and as you walk through the door Angela turns and says something like "You were too dangerous to let you live Will". I thought that fit the situation perfectly.

But now that I've done that, is there anything different that would have happened if I let him live? After Angela says that comment about him being too dangerous he is never referenced again in the rest of the ending.

User Info: sflowers539

sflowers539
6 years ago#6
RetroMUFC posted...
In my playthrough I chose Weaver. I got to the point where Carter is restrained by your two operatives and Faulk says something to the effect that they are going to restrain him if I choose. Instead I drew my sidearm and shot Carter in the head. The guys says something like "wow" and as you walk through the door Angela turns and says something like "You were too dangerous to let you live Will". I thought that fit the situation perfectly.

But now that I've done that, is there anything different that would have happened if I let him live? After Angela says that comment about him being too dangerous he is never referenced again in the rest of the ending.

I did not kill Carter in my playthrough, and I don't remember hearing him being referenced other then maybe someone saying he was till under custody or something similar once or twice but I don't think he makes another major appearance in any ending.
  1. Boards
  2. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  3. The hell do I say about this story? (SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Guide and Walkthrough (PC) by unboundbraniac 6 years ago
Walkthrough by horror_spooky 7 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A