• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  3. Severely Underleveled, how long does Dispatch missiosn take? (Spoilers)

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
6 years ago#1
Ok, My roommate and I have been playing this game all day...
He didn't want to do any side missions.. instead just plowed through the game..

So we're at the final mission (Chapter 7) got to the part where two elite mutons spawn and we just get our asses handed to us.
So, I want to go back to the beginning of chapter 6 if it's at all possible and plow through the side quests while sending out my partners on Dispatch to quickly catch up in level.

From what I can tell, the best items and best abilities come from leveling and dispatch missions
I think I'm level 8 or something since my roommate rage quit, put the disc in the box and tossed it at me saying if I want to beat it go ahead, he's friggan done.
(Also keeps saying it's not HIS fault he's under leveled in the game, and if the game would have told him gave him some semblance of enemy levels.. then he's know it didn't, so not his fault)
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: sflowers539

sflowers539
6 years ago#2
Once you get to that point in the game I don't think you can go back and play the side missions or dispatch missions. A message even comes up to warn you about that. The final mission is hard but if you are at level 8, level 9 and 10 don't pump you up that dramatically that the final battle would be easy. At level ten I think you get one more health pellet and a perk which reduces the ability recharge time, so that one does help. For that battle it was much easier my second play through on a harder difficulty level because I focuses on taking out the mission commander immediately. He is the one who summons endless advanced drones to levitate your teammates and make them ineffective. By taking him out first it's a lot easier, and unless your playing on Commander just do the normal thing or taking out one Muton at a time, use mind control on a different enemy so that they fight other regular enemies and keep them off you for awhile, ect...

Jiryn
6 years ago#3
sflowers539 posted...
Once you get to that point in the game I don't think you can go back and play the side missions or dispatch missions. A message even comes up to warn you about that. The final mission is hard but if you are at level 8, level 9 and 10 don't pump you up that dramatically that the final battle would be easy. At level ten I think you get one more health pellet and a perk which reduces the ability recharge time, so that one does help. For that battle it was much easier my second play through on a harder difficulty level because I focuses on taking out the mission commander immediately. He is the one who summons endless advanced drones to levitate your teammates and make them ineffective. By taking him out first it's a lot easier, and unless your playing on Commander just do the normal thing or taking out one Muton at a time, use mind control on a different enemy so that they fight other regular enemies and keep them off you for awhile, ect...

Well the other problem is we're only at the 2 Muton Part.. and he refuses to touch the game.
I don't even have Mind Control which everyone tells me to use.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: sflowers539

sflowers539
6 years ago#4
Marblesbunbun posted...
sflowers539 posted...

Well the other problem is we're only at the 2 Muton Part.. and he refuses to touch the game.

You get mind control at level 8, so as long as you even reach that point during the fight you can use it. The two Elite Mutons is the last part of the last battle I think, when you beat that wave there is a cut scene and four Mutons and others spawn, but you don't fight them, you reach a switch to activate and end the game.

Jiryn
6 years ago#5
sflowers539 posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
sflowers539 posted...

You get mind control at level 8, so as long as you even reach that point during the fight you can use it. The two Elite Mutons is the last part of the last battle I think, when you beat that wave there is a cut scene and four Mutons and others spawn, but you don't fight them, you reach a switch to activate and end the game.

Thank you finally beat it.. we were only level 8 when we finished.
  1. Boards
  2. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  3. Severely Underleveled, how long does Dispatch missiosn take? (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Guide and Walkthrough (PC) by unboundbraniac 6 years ago
Walkthrough by horror_spooky 7 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A