• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon White Version
  3. Best in-game water type?

User Info: redog003

redog003
10 years ago#1
^

User Info: TheBonsaiSlaya

TheBonsaiSlaya
10 years ago#2
ALAH- I mean uh, I don't think there is one.
I grew up here.

User Info: redog003

redog003
10 years ago#3
So water types are not that good in black and white? Nub questions I know :D

User Info: LeBurns63

LeBurns63
10 years ago#4
I like Seismitoad due to the Water/Ground being immune to Electric. Course Grass kills it outright.

I agree though that B/W is lacking in water types.
When comforting a grammar Nazi, I pat them softly on the shoulder and say "There, Their, They're"

User Info: Fullmetal_77

Fullmetal_77
10 years ago#5
Samurott is probably the best one, but it isn't all that great, and you really don't need a water type.
Pokemon White FC: 1549-4524-4165

User Info: LeBurns63

LeBurns63
10 years ago#6
Well you may want to learn Surf. There are places even before beating the game were it's needed or useful.
When comforting a grammar Nazi, I pat them softly on the shoulder and say "There, Their, They're"

User Info: Astal2684

Astal2684
10 years ago#7
Burhenn63 posted...
I like Seismitoad due to the Water/Ground being immune to Electric. Course Grass kills it outright.

I agree though that B/W is lacking in water types.

The lack of water types is most likely because there is a huge amount of water types already. They need to push the count of the other types.

User Info: SkimMilk1988

SkimMilk1988
10 years ago#8
Keldeo (water/fighting) is probally the strongest water type that is unique to generation V. I've personally never found water type pokemon (outside of Gyarados and Feraligatr) to be that "powerful". They tend to be the most balanced of all types, with fairly high hp. As was said before, there was already ~60 pokemon that were entirely or partially water type before generation V came out. They went the route of combining weird types (like grass/steel or ghost/fire or dark/dragon) instead of creating more water types. To be fair Seismitoad is pretty much a weaker version of Swampert (Ruby/Saphire/Emerald water starter).

User Info: Gladius_

Gladius_
10 years ago#9

Jellicent is a really good water type that is a perfect support member. Seismitoad is another good water type (but you're going to want to switch when facing grass.) Carracosta is also decent for in game use as well. You can also get a milotic when you beat the game. Not a generation 5 pokemon but still a good water type. Samurott is alright as well.

User Info: Leaf2049

Leaf2049
10 years ago#10
hmmm vaporeon and milotic are great choices imo for waters. feraligator is awesome to due to his HUGE move pool. still keldo is the best but isnt available now unless your a hacker
God is there in the midst of chaos. When life is upside down remember that you're in the hands of the Creator.
Official Metatron of SMT IV
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon White Version
  3. Best in-game water type?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A