• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders
  3. The Black Throne bug and possible workaround

User Info: Anemus

Anemus
6 years ago#1
Hello everyone :-) This is a workaround I have found on the infamous bug in the Black Tower if you have permanently lost a save prior to its triggering .
For those of you who are lucky enough to not have lost your game because of it, I explain: when you reach the top of one of the towers (it is the first or the second one, I do not remember) where you have to pass through the huge double floating stones, there is a door expecting you on the other side that opens when you defeat two waves of baddies and leads to the room with the chest of the Beholder's Key and the eventually falling floor AND LOCKS RIGHT AFTER YOU ENTER IT. The bug consists of the game NOT saving your position to be inside the room after you passed the now LOCKED door, rather outside with the enemies still defeated, even if you passed the AUTOSAVE CHECKPOINT a few steps into the room or if you SAVED, so if you LOAD before ending the whole trial of the room you end up barred entry to the room and effectively freezing your proggress into the rest of your game. In short, in lack of official support, a total waster of your money and time.
The workaround I came to after a few hours of fiddling, testing and a bit of luck (in the existence of the trainer) is by no means "legit" but fully workable with no evil consequences whatsoever. Again the workaround exists for those who (like the silly me) have working saves only with the bug (DO NOT play the game without multiple saves :P)
You will need 2 things: a working prior-to-the-bug save and a trainer with the "Position Save/Load" option.
It is simple: download/use another save where the player has yet to reach the room (there is one in a list of saves of some guy online), fix the save so it is recognised by your game (each game recognises only its own saves due to some ID code fixed on the save), reach the tower peak, enter the room and enable the Trainer's Position Save. Load your original save and Position Load your character. That's it.
Happy gaming :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders
  3. The Black Throne bug and possible workaround
  • Topic Archived