How Would We Bring In New or Existing Players?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. How Would We Bring In New or Existing Players?

User Info: CmoIsDaNam3

CmoIsDaNam3
3 years ago#1
Conduit 2 is on its last legs, however as Signal has pointed out it has over 200 profiles and she did the math that even if every single one of them had all three slots taken it would still be about 80 people registered, which is crazy.

Now, C2 has the potential to be better and much more active, but I don't think any of us have really spread the news about how Conduit 2 can be played online now or at least effectively, so really we need to spread it to other outlets, makes videos, and help any new people get setup to play online now anyway we can.

What I am personally going to do is get back to the saddle on YT and make more Conduit 2 videos regarding this, also just posting gameplay from C2 is a very good way to get this train better filled with people.

And if we can achieve at least 3 - 8 active people constantly playing, we have got the goal accomplished of getting more players, we just need to get it started.

So, for anyone that would and did make videos, do so, any other forums where C2 was talked about, talk about it there, I personally wanna see Conduit 2 active again, even if its only half as active as before.

Also, how would you make it known to people that you can still play online?

Thanks for reading and lets do it. :)

~Cmo
CONDUIT 2 IS ONLINE AGAIN. Need help with PAL version of Conduit 2? Wiimmfi? ect, private message me for more info.
GameFAQs, pls die. kthxbai

User Info: _Signal

_Signal
3 years ago#2
One thing that we have to realize is that some people have simply moved on to other things. We can't change that.

However, that doesn't mean that we have no chance to grow a little bit.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I think it couldn't hurt to be a little more active at the "other" site. While the majority of those people are primarily interested in Mario Kart, they're still essentially setup to play C2, only needing the disc itself and the savegame patch. One of the hurdles to getting people setup to play is that some are reluctant to install the necessary additional software. That group has already done that. I'm not saying that we should spam their site every time we're looking for a match, but I think this is a potential audience that we shouldn't overlook.

2. Reach out to the people that you used to play with if you have contact information for them. I think Dug is setup to play, and at one point Ventus told me that he might be interested if we got back online. I need to reach out to the two of them myself.

3. If you have an account, post a review at Amazon indicating that there is a C2 server still online.

4. I'm trying to figure out how to get this information to the secondary market, like Ebay, but I haven't quite figured it out yet. I was thinking of posting a rhetorical question to the seller. Something like: "Did you know that you can still play Conduit 2 online even though most of the Wii games were shut down?" I just haven't quite figured it out yet, and this will be a lot of work and effort to stay on top of it.

5. I think we need to reach out to the GE guys. They obviously like motion control, and don't mind the Wii's graphics quality. They're still pretty active, and perhaps some of them already have the necessary software installed. I'm planning to buy GE and start playing it a little bit, as well as posting over there some. That should be better than just showing up and saying "Hey play with us!"

These are the things that I can think of. Really we only need to pick up a couple more players.
You can run, but you will only die tired.

User Info: hc-valkiria

hc-valkiria
3 years ago#3
Like I said, make youtube vids relating to Nintendo WiFi in general.

User Info: TheOmegaShen

TheOmegaShen
3 years ago#4
I doubt you'd be able to get any new players in this game's current state. The only option you have is to attempt to make some of the older guys come back for a bit, and that in itself wouldn't last for too terribly long.
Dance, dance
We're falling apart to half time

User Info: _Signal

_Signal
3 years ago#5
I mostly agree with you, but the one exception is that new people are still buying this game for the first time. It's selling on Ebay and Amazon still. There are a lot of people who are sort of inheriting Wiis, as others upgrade. Not everyone can upgrade and those people are super excited to have a Wii. Like I said, we just need a couple of enthusiastic new players.
You can run, but you will only die tired.

CmoIsDaNam3
3 years ago#6
Those are good suggestions actually, I think later today or maybe even after I post this I will post a short little thread on the "other" site that we are open to play some games with people, should get some people interested maybe.

Also, finding old players for me is a bit hard, however Play4God has certainly shown interest in playing again, his hurdles isn't installing the software really but rather just the fact he a YouTuber, and has a Elgato, the thing about the Elgato though is that unlike the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro (The capture device I have) it does not record component because it does not have any component jacks or cables period, its only HDMI because it is primarily used on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, and even computers with an HDMI slot, and as we all know the original Wii wasn't HDMI at all, so for him if he could even get it working on the Wii he wouldn't be able to record jack, which would suck seeing he made videos and just went to get montage clips like me.

However I did find out by a complete fluke that you can put a adapter on your Wii to make it work with HDMI, it was really cool and when he gets back from school by the summer I can show him and hopefully get him setup on the original Wii and still be able to play and record with those epic capture card. (Because dang dude, his capture quality is the best, no joke)

Also Sig is right, we don't need a huge amount of people, just enough to get a few matches going a day, like I said, if we can get about 3 to 8 people playing at a time everyday or almost everyday, we got the goal done, we don't need numbers like MKW to get going like we want.

@Valk Yes, I do plan on that, I've already made the audio for the commentary on this topic, just need to edit it together actually.
CONDUIT 2 IS ONLINE AGAIN. Need help with PAL version of Conduit 2? Wiimmfi? ect, private message me for more info.

User Info: Reedeemer

Reedeemer
3 years ago#7
*comes out of hiding*
(> •_•)>

You mentioned 3-8 steady players would be ideal to have constant matches available. How about 1 or 2 of those player dedicate to streaming their sessions?

Assuming anyone has the upload speed to support it.

But silly Zetro, Wii streams are nowhere to be found on Twitch!
No harm in having a stream up while you play a few matches. Drop a few links here and there, share the gameplay. People randomly show up your stream believe it or not. Maybe eventually get a popular streamer to hop aboard and...cha-ching! JJJackpot.
NNiD: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X

User Info: alcatrazpray

alcatrazpray
3 years ago#8
i can get my homie tanner
letz hunt
playing borderlands 2 vita roa vita project m and conduit 2 sas zombie assault 4(im in love with it) freedom wars(amazing worth the wait)

CmoIsDaNam3
3 years ago#9
Reedeemer posted...
*comes out of hiding*
(> •_•)>

You mentioned 3-8 steady players would be ideal to have constant matches available. How about 1 or 2 of those player dedicate to streaming their sessions?

Assuming anyone has the upload speed to support it.

But silly Zetro, Wii streams are nowhere to be found on Twitch!
No harm in having a stream up while you play a few matches. Drop a few links here and there, share the gameplay. People randomly show up your stream believe it or not. Maybe eventually get a popular streamer to hop aboard and...cha-ching! JJJackpot.

I wish I could, but my computer just can not do it. D:

CmoIsDaNam3
3 years ago#10
alcatrazpray posted...
i can get my homie tanner

Who?
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. How Would We Bring In New or Existing Players?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived