Three Reasons Why Double Armor is Baller

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Three Reasons Why Double Armor is Baller

User Info: B05S_Brennan

B05S_Brennan
3 years ago#41
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Well Brennan, they aren't that much slower, its just Supercharger but in reverse, and it isn't that much slower, plus with how many people bunny jumped and the speed and which that happened at, its really not practical for that to be that way really, it isn't, like I said, it should at least by a chest up kill with DA.

I think it's OK if DA makes getting a PR kill a bit more challenging. Most power weapons do have some sort of perk/weapon/grenade to counter them. Plus, you can always whip out the USP to finish off someone if you miss the head.

And the PR isn't so different as you think, it is much more similar to the DSR in BO2 than the sniper in Halo, I will give you that though.

It's really more the controls and mechanics of C2 than the gun's stats that make the PR different. Wiimote controls, sideways sprinting, lack of recoil, lack of weapon sway and (most importantly) the ability to fire through walls are some examples of things that make sniping in C2 a much different experience from sniping in other games. The Farsight from Perfect Dark is the closest weapon to the PR that I've found and it's still different in many ways.
NNID/PSN/Steam: B05SxBrennan | Xbox Gamertag: BrennanX22
https://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan

User Info: CmoIsDaNam3

CmoIsDaNam3
3 years ago#42
Yeah they do have a counter but no where near as effective as DA would be if it was HS only, besides, chest up is still pretty hard tbh, just look at the WA2000 in Black Ops 1.

Also, its a bolt action weapon dude, that rate of fire is pretty limiting man.

And yes, it is different in controls and such, but so is every weapon, and the game in general is just incredibly different to begin with, when making comparisons like this I'm not referring much to raw gameplay.
CONDUIT 2 IS ONLINE AGAIN. Need help with PAL version of Conduit 2? Wiimmfi? ect, private message me for more info.
GameFAQs, pls die. kthxbai

User Info: JVC-space

JVC-space
3 years ago#43
the ability to fire through walls are some examples of things that make sniping in C2 a much different experience from sniping in other games.
=> Strangly, the Pr tunins perk used to be underused in NTSC, as I can see.

User Info: hc-valkiria

hc-valkiria
3 years ago#44
JVC-space posted...
the ability to fire through walls are some examples of things that make sniping in C2 a much different experience from sniping in other games.

It was underused because it was banned in clan battles. And i believe you can fire through walls in CoD too, known as wall banging.

User Info: PancakeThe2nd

PancakeThe2nd
3 years ago#45
hc-valkiria posted...
JVC-space posted...

It was underused because it was banned in clan battles. And i believe you can fire through walls in CoD too, known as wall banging.

Or 'bullet penetration' which makes sense.
I drink Napalm and piss Destruction!

User Info: B05S_Brennan

B05S_Brennan
3 years ago#46
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Yeah they do have a counter but no where near as effective as DA would be if it was HS only, besides, chest up is still pretty hard tbh, just look at the WA2000 in Black Ops 1.

I disagree. Flash Bangs can force a Carbonizer user to switch to their secondary, and Explosive Focus reduces the effectiveness of the SPAS, HVS and explosives far more than DA does for the PR.

There are plenty of options available to a PR user when the opponent has DA. There's headshots, finishing with a secondary or tuning through walls. Sure, it's hard, but most counters in C2 do make it hard to use the weapons they counter.

Also, its a bolt action weapon dude, that rate of fire is pretty limiting man.

I personally never found the PR's RoF that bad, but to each his own.

And yes, it is different in controls and such, but so is every weapon, and the game in general is just incredibly different to begin with, when making comparisons like this I'm not referring much to raw gameplay.

That's why I don't feel it's appropriate to compare the Phase Rifle with other snipers, even with ones that handle similarly or have similar stats. A balanced sniper is as much about what's being shot at as it is about what's doing the shooting. I feel like it's more important to look at the weapons and mechanics of C2 than to look at snipers in games that have their own set of weapons and mechanics.
NNID/PSN/Steam: B05SxBrennan | Xbox Gamertag: BrennanX22
https://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan

User Info: 6V_Fire

6V_Fire
3 years ago#47
Is pretty awesome :) I especially like how you made the cons sound good lol for real though I love the skill thats involved but PR and carby crush you
I hope no one realizes this is a sig.

User Info: Mindesyn

Mindesyn
3 years ago#48
Oh Derpy how I love thee
You dont wanna mess with me boy, catalogue of carnage I am armed to destroy

User Info: CmoIsDaNam3

CmoIsDaNam3
3 years ago#49
6V_Fire posted...
Is pretty awesome :) I especially like how you made the cons sound good lol for real though I love the skill thats involved but PR and carby crush you

Only if you are facing good PR users, which most suck btw.
CONDUIT 2 IS ONLINE AGAIN. Need help with PAL version of Conduit 2? Wiimmfi? ect, private message me for more info.
GameFAQs, pls die. kthxbai
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Three Reasons Why Double Armor is Baller

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived