• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Am I too late to find Totori's mom?

User Info: Lisowaty

Lisowaty
2 years ago#1
*Posting on both PS3 & Vita boards due to low activity.

Im on year 5, month 2, day 19 right now.

I have made the sail and hull only so far. For all the others I am missing one item (as in grayed out).

I usually synthesize all that is possible, but I still have a bit of land to explore.

I'm worried I won't make it in time, which is kinda depressing as this has already happen to me.
Same thing happened in Ayesha and I will need to start over, just waiting till it fades from my memory a bit.

Its seems like I'm always at least right on track if not ahead for the main tasks of the game, but then it suddenly turns out I am behind on the big quest/task and time is short..

Perhaps someone can give me some general tips to avoid this - right now I just switched and began Meruru out of frustration, but I am afraid I will screw this one up as well.
Don't bring a mouse and keyboard to a controller fight

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
2 years ago#2
You should be fine for at least the Normal ending, as you still have more than a year left.

I think your problem was that you spent too much time grinding levels and/or doing bounty quests. A general tip for all Atelier games that have a calendar is never leave town without a good reason (killing things isn't one), and never grind levels. That means do as much as you can in town, and when you have to leave, do as much as you can in one trip, including collecting at least 3 of every new ingredient.

Also, as you should have found out already, you recover HP/MP as you travel on the world map, so that means you should never need to sleep. Stock up on healing items early on if you have to, but once you can craft your own gear, use regen and life-steal (Convert) instead.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
AMD Opteron 6348 @ 4.40 GHz || Asus KGPE-D16 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8970 + 8950

Lisowaty
2 years ago#3
@Solarys

thanks for the quick reply! Could you elaborate on the regen and convert options? They passed me by somehow..

Also, going back to the ending - I already have the normal ending guaranteed as my rank is COBALT, which I believe is 2nd highest and beyond the one needed for the normal ending. So, it would mean that the only thing aim for now is the finding of her mother to get the better ending. In fact, the normal ending would feel like a failure to me anyway, so I would really like to get the extra stuff done.

I was trying to go through the available guides for ship building info, but its scattered all over and hard to track - there seems to be no just ship materials guide that I could find.

If you can think of any other suggestions that might make obtaining the boat and completing the extra plot elements a reality, that would be amazing. Or if you know of any other sources where I could find the pertinent information. My thinking is, that, if I knew where all the materials are and wasted no time pointlessly searching, perhaps I could manage it still. If I in fact have over one year left, that would seem reasonable, no?

Thanks again buddy!

Solarys
2 years ago#4
Regen is on the Dragon Scale, called Healing Power, and Convert S/M/L are on random items, but they can only go onto weapons.

For the endings, the Normal end requires you to have reached Frontier Village, i.e., found Totori's mother's whereabouts, and all other endings require Normal. I have made a video for all ending requirements, but of course, spoilers alert. (You can pause the video and click on the timestamps to see the requirements only.)

The ship parts need materials that are in restricted areas, which require the license renewal, for example the eastern forests and the southwestern corner. And IIRC you might have to visit the north parts like the Night's Domain, as well. So basically, you need to visit every new area. Oh, and make sure you get your Chims to collect a lot of wood materials like Eiche, and make a lot of ingots (the basic type is fine), as you'll need heaps of them, at least 20 of each.

Endings video:

https://youtu.be/X3CgyEA_8O0
AMD Opteron 6348 @ 4.40 GHz || Asus KGPE-D16 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8970 + 8950

Lisowaty
2 years ago#5
Allright, thanks for the very complete answer! Besides giving me some needed info, it worked as a good pep-talk and I'm good to jump back in now. Did some research of my own in the meantime and now have a general idea where the rest of the boat parts can be located (or how made).

Thanks again!

Solarys
2 years ago#6
You're welcome!
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Am I too late to find Totori's mom?
  • Topic Archived