• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Increase Adventurer Level for end-game

User Info: saiwong

saiwong
2 years ago#11
I've tried Supplement but can't work.

The 'Repel Dragon' traint has a cost of 10
when I add the ingrediants together the amount of points I can use to bind the traints is less than 10
so I can never get 'Repel Dragon' . Help

User Info: shinjiro

shinjiro
2 years ago#12
make it into a dried flower
make that into a slyph breath
turn that into a blessed coin

incidentally all repel dragon is is just 100% crit against dragon enemies in which there are only like 5 in the game its not really that worth it over stacking attack power, holy power, healing power, etc
The official Lias of the Atelier board

saiwong
2 years ago#13
shinjiro posted...
make it into a dried flowermake that into a slyph breathturn that into a blessed coinincidentally all repel dragon is is just 100% crit against dragon enemies in which there are only like 5 in the game its not really that worth it over stacking attack power, holy power, healing power, etc

Many thanks, the dried flower route worked. You are a legend !!!

How did you work out these methods, is there a guide somewhere ?

The reason why I want 'Repel Dragon' is that I was told that it is useful for defeating Flauschtraut

So I finally created the following:

Platine (Holy Power, Repel Dragon, Quality L, Fire Power, Attack +3)
Velvetis (Holy Power, Ice Dampen, Def +5, Earth Cloak, Sturdy)

I didn't have much money left at this stage, but since I'd just got 'Blessed Coin' I also just got
Spring Cup. I read up the trick to make money and tried it out and it worked. I was making about
1500 cole on one Spring Cup. I then waited for Pamela to restock and tried to re-register all
10 new Spring Cups with her. However, I had run out of slots so could only register 6 Spring Cups
in total. The new Spring Cups were making me money as before but the process is wayyyy
tedious. I have 6x10 Spring Cups with 4 uses each. (i.e. 240 item uses to make about 90,000 cole) Is there a faster process ???

If I keep the Spring Cups in my container for end-game will they deteriorate and give me less valuable items ?

shinjiro
2 years ago#14
saiwong posted...
How did you work out these methods, is there a guide somewhere ?

just knowledge of how the synthesis works
the only thing I really did was look up what the category and ingredients for items were via the FAQs here

saiwong posted...
The new Spring Cups were making me money as before but the process is wayyyy
tedious.

It's the most annoying money making system ever
you don't know true suffering until you've used it to gain 1 million cole
twice

it gets significantly better once you get further in the game and stop getting milk and water as often

saiwong posted...
Is there a faster process ???

not a time efficient one
I read about stacking price up traits on item and selling those but I never really bothered
it wouldn't really work that well until mid game anyway

saiwong posted...
If I keep the Spring Cups in my container for end-game will they deteriorate and give me less valuable items ?

Springs cups will only enhance but it caps at 120

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
2 years ago#15
The synthesis system in this game is very simple by Atelier standards, and as a result, you aren't as severely punished for not having a "perfect" set of gear. So I wouldn't worry too much until near the end, after the optional bosses spawn.

Due to the random nature of items and traits, it's impossible to make a step-by-step guide that's replicable, so you'll just have to experiment and figure things out yourself, and that's where the fun lies. (The later titles are much more complicated, and will require a lot of planning in advance, or trial-and-error, if that's your cup of tea.)

I don't know who told you Repel Dragon is any good for anything, but all of those Repel traits are useless, because the critical multiplier in this game is only about 1.3x, and there is no way to increase it. In comparison, the Enchant traits add 25% of your base damage as elemental damage, and they don't have enemy-type restrictions. You can either put all four Enchants and Convert L on your weapon, or simply stack Attack +3/5/10, Convert L, and whatever - they are all superior to Repels.

Also useless are any regeneration traits - they heal too little (4~8 HP/turn) to matter. Use Convert L instead and attack to heal.

For the Spring Cup and all other item-generating items, their own quality and traits don't matter, only the effect determines the level of traits you can get on the generated items. If you really want to use them to make money, put Perishable L on them, wait until they are 100+ quality before you wholesale, so you can get 101 quality (= 1 more use) on the next day after you buy back. Low Price traits also help drop the wholesale price, too.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
AMD Opteron 6348 @ 4.40 GHz || Asus KGPE-D16 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8970 + 8950

saiwong
2 years ago#16
I got my PLATINUM trophy today !!!!

I did it in the first playthrough (and didn't need to go into ng+), phew

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and advice, it was greatly appreciated.

shinjiro
2 years ago#17
Solarys posted...
Also useless are any regeneration traits - they heal too little (4~8 HP/turn) to matter.

Are you playing Totori+ and talking about dragon power?
Because they actually nerfed that trait in the vita version
on PS3 it heals for much more(how much I'm not sure but I know its enough to balance out Shadowbands damage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efBBBGMWoWE

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
2 years ago#18
Honestly, NG+ can be more fun than the initial run in many of these RPGs. Unless, of course, you have more games than time to play them and are just trying to clear out your backlog.

I always do my first run "blind," just to see how much I can figure out on my own and achieve without external help. Because if I have to follow someone else's guide every step along the way, I might as well have that person play the game for me - in other words, it ruins my valuable first impression or initial experience of the game.

That's why I find it hard to enjoy games like Persona 3 and 4, in which you can hardly get anywhere without a guidebook handy, just like those so-called Nintendo Power games. (Even with a guide, P3 gives very little free time or room for error; P4 is somewhat more lenient.)

Anyway, to each their own. That was just my 2c's worth.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
AMD Opteron 6348 @ 4.40 GHz || Asus KGPE-D16 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8970 + 8950
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Increase Adventurer Level for end-game
  • Topic Archived