• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: saiwong

saiwong
2 years ago#1
Hi,

I just started this game after completing "Alchemist of Arland" (from Trilogy disc).

I got to the point of getting my adventurer license and was wondering....

Is there any point (other than cole) for completing quests from the pub ?
(in the previous game you did quests to improve town popularity but there doesn't seem to
be this feature in this game)

In "Alchemist of Arland" you had yearly assigments. Are the quests listed under "License" the
equivalent in this game (although deadline instead is every 3 years) ?
Am I correct that once a License quests is complete the ??? is replaced my the quest-name ?
Are assignment points only displayed once I go back to Cordelia to update ?

How/when does Totori get to perform Skills ?

User Info: shinjiro

shinjiro
2 years ago#2
saiwong posted...
Is there any point (other than cole) for completing quests from the pub ?

License points associated with it
you get points for completing a specific enemy hunting quest once, doing 150 quests, doing 50 synthesis quests, s ranking 15 of a particular quest, etc

saiwong posted...
In "Alchemist of Arland" you had yearly assigments. Are the quests listed under "License" the
equivalent in this game (although deadline instead is every 3 years) ?

not really
Totori is supposed to be more open
the only rank you're required to get is Diamond Rank

saiwong posted...
Are assignment points only displayed once I go back to Cordelia to update ?

Yes and so are the bonuses associated with it

saiwong posted...
How/when does Totori get to perform Skills ?

Don't get used to the MC having skills after Rorona
Totori gets Duplicate which lets her use an item at half effectiveness without consuming it for 40 MP at level 30 and that's it

also Totori is the weakest in terms of skills with your party members, your party members will have 2 skills at 10 and 20, 2 passives at 15 and 25, and a super move at 30
You're not even moving

User Info: saiwong

saiwong
2 years ago#3
Thanks for the reply. So is the main GOAL to complete the tasks outlined in the license ?

I've found that you use up a lot of time just gathering and it takes about 2 weeks to travel
from Totori's village to Arland.
With "Alchemist of Arland" you worked with a lot of tight schedules, is this not the case (as much)
with this game ? Are the schedules much more free ? I've found it so easy to use up time
and got to year 2. What GOALs should I have completed by this stage ?

Is there any form of fast travel that does not take up as much time ?

User Info: shinjiro

shinjiro
2 years ago#4
The goal is to find Totori's mother but you can't start that until year 3 so until then your goal is to just rank up

you can talk to peter at the town square to ride the carriage from alanya to arland he should come have told you that at the atelier in alanya at ~ month 10

you probably didn't do it in rorona but this game has development items that save time like the secret bag, harvest gloves, and travelers shoes and you unlock them via ranking up
You're not even moving
  • Topic Archived