• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 years ago#71
BTW, Totori shouldn't be useless or "high maintenance" in battle with proper gear. In fact, she's actually the hardest hitter on my team, especially with her "category bonus" from killing a certain number of each type of enemies (Puni, Bird, Dragon, etc.).

Here are a couple of videos of me clobbering some "extra bosses" in my first play-through, without using healing items or the Dimension Egg:

(Spoiler alert, obviously!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1F26T0Szt4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuO7iPCzFq8

They also show how Rorona's "Pie Making" works. Basically, you use an ingredient to make a pie that heals either HP, MP, or both, and some of the item's traits are passed down, positive and negative. Most items in the [Poison] category heal HP, and most [Meat] heal MP.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Core i7 X 980 @ 4.40 GHz (200 x 22) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950

User Info: Drache_the_Dork

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#72
Gardevoir_ex posted...
Drache_the_Dork posted...
Isn't Nectar an enhancing item? In that case, its uses go up on its own if you leave it alone (it'll even reach 120 quality after a while), and stuff that adds uses won't have an effect.

It is, but it's not a quality-consuming item like the Mystery Ankh and Spring Cup, so its number of uses is fixed regardless of quality.

Yep, I realized I misunderstood the post on top of my total memory fail. I tried it out and it seems only one usage increasing trait is allowed to work. It picked +2 when forced to decide between Usage +2 and Kid Friendly.
http://www.backloggery.com/drachenmeister

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#73
Gardevoir_ex posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1F26T0Szt4

awesome video ......... the end made me laugh. I havent seen Rorona's special move yet, but 1500 damage is pretty awesome. How are you recovering HP every turn? Sometimes it was 12 HP but others were getting 42 HP?

Drache_the_Dork posted...
Totori really shouldn't need a ton of items to be useful. Healing, revival, a boss killing bomb and a group killing bomb... combine all this with her Duplicate skill.

...Are you at level 30 yet? That's when she learns it.

ya she is level 36. How do i get GROUP killing bombs? All the ones ive made are single enemy targets.

thanks for the help guys :), i just wish i could keep playing this game but it really eats at me that its going to end when the days are up. what is the last day in the game?
Girls play video games too you know ;)

Solarys
3 years ago#74
How are you recovering HP every turn? Sometimes it was 12 HP but others were getting 42 HP?

The 12 HP regen is from the Healing Power trait on Dragon Scales.
The additional 30 is from Regen Essence (which is from Cryptobotany) on my Totori Brunch. I had Lively on it also, which makes it auto-use when Totori or Rorona's HP drops below half.
And the life-steal is from the trait called Convert (L) - it's almost a must-have for the later dungeons.

Anyway, if you have the proper gear and items, Totori can easily become the strongest member on your team - and that's without abusing gimmicks.
If you find her "high-maintenance," it means it's time you upgraded her gear, or made better items.

How do i get GROUP killing bombs?

The Mega Bomb has AOE by default, and the big versions of Craft should also hit everything.
I forgot where you get the recipe book for Himmelstern (I know it's pretty late), but that should be the strongest hit-all bomb.

what is the last day in the game?

It's 6/6/1, but the last day on which you can actually do things is either 6/5/29 or 30.
Make sure you sell everything in your basket and stash before then, because you can only carry over what's currently equipped on your characters.
Core i7 X 980 @ 4.40 GHz (200 x 22) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#75
ok this game just kicked me in the lady parts.

i just spent 17 resets trying to make a mega bomb with the Pro Favourite effect, and when i FINALLY succeeded i went to hagel to register it, and he only registers it WITHOUT the pro favourite effect.

f*** YOU HAGEL!!

Solarys
3 years ago#76
Shops can't make anything above 100 quality (100+ becomes 100), but they do copy the number of uses exactly, even though they can't copy traits like Usage +2.

For example, I can make a Totori Brunch with Usage +2 to give it 3 uses instead of 1, and register it at Iksel's. The ones he makes won't have the Usage +2 trait, but will come with 3 uses.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#77
Gardevoir_ex posted...
For example, I can make a Totori Brunch with Usage +2 to give it 3 uses instead of 1, and register it at Iksel's. The ones he makes won't have the Usage +2 trait, but will come with 3 uses.

ah i see, this is what i didnt know, thank you :)

i want to make Totori a better weapon (currently she has the healing staff), but since i use her for items i was wondering if things like ATK +10 actually do anything for her? What traits are best for a person who uses items to attack.

Keep in mind i have yet to come across any UBER ingredients yet, and im still looking for the chest with the final recipes. Ive traveled all over the sea and completed the portion of the story where totori learns about her mom, yet i still didnt find that chest?

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#78
also, is there something that prevents Totori from losing LP in the Winter areas, and HP over the sea when traveling on the world map?

I thought the Parasol would prevent the HP loss while on the boat, but it didnt (and i had it in my basket too)

Solarys
3 years ago#79
I don't know if Skills +30% does anything for Totori's Duplicate, but if you don't want her to clobber enemies with her staff, then don't bother with Attack, since she doesn't have any skills that use her Attack stat.

But if you are like me, and would rather use her as a heavy hitter, then you definitely want Attack +10, Convert L, and a quality trait (to make the ingot 100+) on her staff.

For the accessory, if you are going all out offensive, then give her a Gnardi Ring with Power Rune, with Stats +10 and +5, and a quality trait for 100+. Otherwise give her something that boosts Defense and/or resistances instead. What accessory you pick is really up to you, but I usually pick offense over defense.

Either way, Lightweight (+10 Speed) and Holy Power (reduces damage taken) are essential for both the weapon and accessory, and they are both free.

Solarys
3 years ago#80
FinalFLuver posted...
also, is there something that prevents Totori from losing LP in the Winter areas, and HP over the sea when traveling on the world map?

I thought the Parasol would prevent the HP loss while on the boat, but it didnt (and i had it in my basket too)

I don't think so.

The HP loss in those areas is so insignificant (like 5~15 points) that she'll likely fully recover before reaching her destination, anyway. LP is very easy to heal; just about any food you buy in shops heals LP.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers
  • Topic Archived