• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#61
ok, now that ive calmed down, lets get back to business shall we

it is currently Year 4, 10/30 and im constantly fearing that the game is just going to end prematurely on me.

There still seems to be so much to do. I have yet to fight any bosses in this game, and i know for a fact that im missing recipes.

I can only synth the following accessories:

Gnardi Ring (the only accessory ive equipped all game, due to the fact that i cant find a guide anywhere that tells me what these accessories actually provide base stat wise)

runestone
mercurius eye
spirit necklace
gibate ankh
talisman
camo cloak

thats it ??

also, im COBALT and yet despite being to every available location, im still missing a crap ton of ingredients.

like i said, i feel like this game is going to end and i wont have time to do anything more
Girls play video games too you know ;)

User Info: Drache_the_Dork

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#62
FinalFLuver posted...

i read a thread that said Effect Boost L is better than Boost Effect L, is this true?

150% (theoretical) boost vs 30% guaranteed boost. Yes, Effect Boost is better.

FinalFLuver posted...
How do you get the stat boost traits??

I actually don't remember the specifics of Totori's synthesis system well (Shallie's is firmly cemented in my brain, on the other hand...), but isn't it a matter of getting "rarer" and higher quality ingredients? Perhaps you simply don't have access to the ingredients you need?

Mystery Ankh should be the lesser version of Totori Brunch. There are also traits that increase stats, but they're not nearly as good as effects that do the same thing.

(Also, damn, I really REALLY need to update my guide to better reflect this stuff.)

FinalFLuver posted...
EDIT: f***ING HELL!!! i just failed again, what the f*** is going on. I have more than enough MP and im 10 levels higher than the requirement. She's saying "This should be easy" ........... f*** you totori if its f***ing easy, then f***ing make it!!!!

Do you have "For Masters" as a trait, by any chance? That reduces success by 30%.
http://www.backloggery.com/drachenmeister

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#63
FinalFLuver posted...

also, im COBALT and yet despite being to every available location, im still missing a crap ton of ingredients.

Did you finish the boat after ranking up? There should be a crapton of exploring to do.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#64
Drache_the_Dork posted...
Perhaps you simply don't have access to the ingredients you need

i think this is probably true. I also started copying TONICS with my chims to help with getting higher quality items.

Do you have "For Masters" as a trait, by any chance? That reduces success by 30%.

yup, that was it, i didnt think it would hurt me that bad though ........ i really get frustrated easily when i feel like im running out of time ........... thats exactly how this game makes me feel :(

i wish i could just FREEZE time in this game, and enjoy it ......... running around the world as long as i want, fighting as many enemies as i want, and synthing as many things as i want ............ but since time passes by doing all that, i have to be selective of what i do ......... which i dont like

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#65
FinalFLuver posted...
Gnardi Ring (the only accessory ive equipped all game, due to the fact that i cant find a guide anywhere that tells me what these accessories actually provide base stat wise)

+40 at best to one stat, I think. I don't remember if this is before or after the trait All Stats +10.

As for accessories, there's a chest you can access after getting the boat that should provide your final few.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#66

Did you finish the boat after ranking up? There should be a crapton of exploring to do.

ya i finished it, but i decided to wait because i wanted to make sure i was prepared for the boss fight against the sea monster, so i started crafting bombs and such, and realized i didnt have enough money so i started doing the spring cup money trick to make money.

and then i started trying to figure out how to utilize totori in battle with stat boost items, but it seems i still dont have a use for her. I need to craft a s*** ton of items for her, and most of them have 1 use and cost thousands of dollars ........... shes so frickin high maintenance.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#67
what the hell, i just upgraded my Nectar and it should have 5 uses not 4?

my original had the following traits:

Complex S
Boost Effect S
Lasts S
Monstrous

this gave it 3 uses

the one i just made has

Cool
Usage+1
Boost Effect L
Kid Friendly -> (which apparently adds another USE to the item)

so with usage+1 and kid friendly i should have an additional 2 uses, but its only giving me 4 uses total. Considering the ORIGINAL nectar has 3 uses, i should have 5 on this one right?

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#68
You don't have to go straight to the boss (he blocks the way to Altmeier, which is just before the Outer Islets). There should be a bunch of stuff to the south of Alanya (pretty sure this includes tough enemies, for the underprepared), and there are a few small islands between yourself and the boss. I always explore them before the boss, personally.

Totori really shouldn't need a ton of items to be useful. Healing, revival, a boss killing bomb and a group killing bomb... combine all this with her Duplicate skill.

...Are you at level 30 yet? That's when she learns it.

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#69
Isn't Nectar an enhancing item? In that case, its uses go up on its own if you leave it alone (it'll even reach 120 quality after a while), and stuff that adds uses won't have an effect.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 years ago#70
Isn't Nectar an enhancing item? In that case, its uses go up on its own if you leave it alone (it'll even reach 120 quality after a while), and stuff that adds uses won't have an effect.

It is, but it's not a quality-consuming item like the Mystery Ankh and Spring Cup, so its number of uses is fixed regardless of quality.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Core i7 X 980 @ 4.40 GHz (200 x 22) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers
  • Topic Archived