• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#41
I read that healing spores are good healing items, but there seems to be 2 effects:

-a healing effect
-a negative effect

that negative effect so far ive noticed can be 1 of 3, but only 2 of them i know for sure cause i cant increase the trait bar far enough on the VENOMOUS effect.

that negative efffect so far has either VENOMOUS or POISONOUS. My question is, what is the difference ........ does anyone remember or can someone point me to a site that references these

also, Rorona has the AIRHEAD skill which "supposedly" makes her resistant to status ailments, but one of the scare phantoms was able to cause curse on her (as well as my other characters since it was an area attack) ....... is this a glitch or something?
Girls play video games too you know ;)

User Info: Drache_the_Dork

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#42
I never used Rorona after getting her friendship to 60, so I never got into her skills much. It's boring, but I'm a strict Sterk/Mimi user. She's likely not immune to any ailment, just less likely to get them.

FinalFLuver posted...
i have yet to use items in battle

You can't get away with that for much longer. And that's where Totori shines; she gets a duplicate skill and wrecks everything with the proper setup.

FinalFLuver posted...
I read that healing spores are good healing items

Not really. It's an HP regen item, which severely limits its use. Do you not have access to Vitality Pill or Secret Remedy? Or even decent food items?

As for venomous vs poisonous, if it's anything like more recent games then it's just a difference of how much damage you take each turn.
http://www.backloggery.com/drachenmeister

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#43
Drache_the_Dork posted...

You can't get away with that for much longer. And that's where Totori shines; she gets a duplicate skill and wrecks everything with the proper setup.

what exactly should i be looking to make? Bombs? is that what you mean?

Drache_the_Dork posted...
Do you not have access to Vitality Pill or Secret Remedy?

no i dont, i was trying to make money first cause that recipe costs 5000 gold. I have enough now so ill go buy it, thanks :)

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#44
ive noticed some "boss" type enemies in certain dungeons. In atelier rorona, there were quests to vanquish those boss type enemies, but i have yet to come across a quest like that in this game.

so what is the purpose of those bosses aside from a more challenging fight?

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 years ago#45
You get license points for defeating each boss enemy the first time, and sometimes they come with stat bonuses, too.

Later in the game you will start getting quests that ask you to defeat bosses like Dragons and Behemoths, and they usually have no time limit, and give a lot of bounty.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Core i7 X 980 @ 4.40 GHz (200 x 22) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#46
FinalFLuver posted...

what exactly should i be looking to make? Bombs? is that what you mean?

For the basics, yes. A good bomb or set of bombs and a good healing item, combined with good equipment so she doesn't die in a hit. Totori will be a useless lump if you don't start thinking about this stuff, and you really can't afford that with the upcoming boss.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#47
ok thanks

unfortunately i just spent 5000 gold on that recipe book but now i dont have enough money to upgrad my weapons/armor ............ 1000+ gold a piece for weapons, man this is ridiculous

i just made a vitality pill, is it worth it to put STABLE on it? Stable says it reduces random number range by 50%. Do healing item have random number ranges?

as for Chim synthesizing, when does she gain the ability to synth all those GREYED out items? Right now she can only synth like 10-15 items on the list, which has 50+ on that list. I also have at least 1 of each of those items too. Does it have to do with her speed (like the gathering thing)?

Will gathering more eventually allow her to synth better items, or do i need to synth instead? Reason i ask is because i only see ONE factor, and that is the SPEED factor.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#48
ok so im going to start making items that ive ignored thus far. What would be the best traits to put on the following items:

1) Any type of Bomb (also see (*) below)

2) Dimension Egg (wiki says that traits matter, but i dont understand why?)

3) Vitality pill

4) A healing item that targets all 3 allies (does this exist in this game?)

(*) for bombs, what are the top tier bombs to make? If i cant make those yet, then what would be the next best bombs to make. If im not mistaken, wasnt there a NON-Elemental bomb in Atelier Rorona?

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#49
1. If you aren't going uber, start with Lightning Quartz and work your way up to N/A later. There's other stuff, but those will give you the most mileage against bosses.

2. Crappy Egg = 1 extra turn. Fantastic Egg = 4 extra turns. Bring MP restorative items, because they drain you to 0 every time.

4. Elixir would be what you want. You'll get it... at the final shop of the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/991771-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland/faqs/63191#section6

Those traits apply to whatever. That's the "uber" version. Downgrade to the M versions of whatever you can find and you'll probably be fine.

If your Chim isn't able to make something, doesn't that just mean that you don't have a copy of the item yourself?

Stable doesn't hurt, but there are generally worthier traits to use.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 years ago#50
If your Chim isn't able to make something, doesn't that just mean that you don't have a copy of the item yourself?

You must have the item in your container (not basket) for Chims to duplicate. Same applies to gathering.
They will make exact same copies with all traits intact (which shops can't do with higher level traits), and the item you chose is not consumed.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Core i7 X 980 @ 4.40 GHz (200 x 22) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers
  • Topic Archived