• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers

User Info: Drache_the_Dork

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#21
FinalFLuver posted...
marc in the party

There's your problem. Kick him out.
http://www.backloggery.com/drachenmeister

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 years ago#22
i just checked and my "totori memo" is blank??

If it's blank, it just means you don't have any key tasks or dates at the moment, so just explore new places, craft new items, talk to more people, etc.

Also, the reason I prefer unlimited materials instead of unlimited time for these games is because I'd rather spend my play-time doing things and being productive, not running around the world to collect rare drops or spawns. E.g., if I want more Dunkelheit (Moonlight Flower) in Totori, I can simply send a Chim to collect some, and make or do other things in the meantime; but if I want some in, say, MK, I'd have to manually travel all the way to the deepest part of Dragon's Grave, and hope the game spawns one for that visit.

Of course, that's just my own opinion. But if you have played the original Iris, where you have to travel mostly on foot (no warps to dungeons), and can only carry 9 of each item, you'll probably come to appreciate the system in these games, too.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Core i7 X 980 @ 4.40 GHz (200 x 22) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#23
Drache_the_Dork posted...
FinalFLuver posted...
marc in the party

There's your problem. Kick him out.

thanks that worked. I've been reading your guide for help. Your guide is the only one that has a trait list. however, there are some that are very general and i dont know how much the stat increases.

Sturdy says "raises defense" -> i had to search the guide to find out how much. It was in a random location in the guide

Sturdy / Defense +5 (both are worth +5)

however, im currently looking for "lightweight" since it only says "increases speed". How much does it increase?

what about Heavyweight -> "Raises attack, decreases speed." but by how much?

it would help if the guide would indicate a stat value, instead of the player having to synth the trait onto and item, then create a piece of equipment with that item and check how much it increases, and then reset if it i dont like the values.
Girls play video games too you know ;)

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#24
There are lots of fuzzy things regarding items (...in all the Atelier games) that I don't bother verifying myself. If it was unclear in the game's description, it is probably unclear in my guide too. I didn't really get into clarifying till E&L came out, because that translation was... messy. Fixing it up was part of my motivation for even writing that guide.

I do intend to come back to this guide eventually and see if I can polish it more, but it'll be a while before I do that. And I mean "after I graduate next year" or so.

Lightweight is +10, iirc. I don't recall Heavyweight, but I do remember thinking it was pretty garbage overall.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#25
ok i see what you mean, thanks

would you happen to know how Alchemy EXP works? Like i know that creating higher level items gives more EXP, but does the number of those items matter?

For example, im at alchemy level 18, and i want to make a Nectar which is level 22. If i make 1 of those nectars versus making say 4 of them, do i get less EXP for just making 1?

EDIT: nevermind i figured it out. you get more EXP if you make 1 item at a time

I just made Nectars and when i made 1 i got 46 EXP, and when i made 2 i got 69. If i would have made those 2 one at a time, i would have had 92 EXP

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#26
Honestly, I never once thought about grinding my alchemy level, so I can't answer that.

edit: I see that you got it, haha. That's what I get for leaving this page open for several minutes. Interesting that the second item is only worth half the first. I wonder if it continues to decline in that way...?

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#27
i just found a thread regarding it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991771-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland/60538763

how do i make MP restorative items? Im currently synthing a lot and when i run out of MP i need to waste days sleeping to restore them

Drache_the_Dork
3 years ago#28
I never really worried about it, but all the (reasonable) items that have MP Recovery are...

-Migraine Syrup
-Mind Water
-Secret Remedy

And there are some food items on the lower end of things (Black Tea, Century Biscuit).

So really, your options are limited and it depends on what recipes are available to you.

User Info: xhy345

xhy345
3 years ago#29
I don't remember sleeping much in this one. Usually just had MP recover while walking between areas to gather and do quests.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#30
ughhh, i just went to Holy Land Shortcut in order to do the monster hunt quest where i need to kill Aphostol

.......i got slaughtered...........Rorona died in 3 hits, and surprisingly Melvia was getting hit for 15+ damage.

looks like i need better armor or something? I guess travelers wears and feather chains arent strong enough at this point
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers
  • Topic Archived