• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#11
so im trying to figure out how assist attacks work. I found this thread:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991771-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland/60639742

but i was wondering if there is a "general" attack assist for all allies? Like can i combo the way i did in atelier rorona with all 3 characters multiple times?
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#12
what the hell?? Gino just left my party?? Krystals guide says:

I'm gonna warn you now... Gino will get pissed if Totori gets too high level without him (about 10+ levels). He will ditch the party and go get levels on his own. This can easily mess up your all trophies in one playthrough. Either get this event at the low levels, or do NOT invite Gino to your party other than for his flag events.

IF YOU FOLLOW THIS GUIDE YOU WILL NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THIS.

they are BOTH at level 11, then after a fight, Totori leveled up, and he got pissed and left?! They are only 1 level apart. Krystal said 10+ levels?

what am i supposed to do with him now?? I read all the threads by searching "gino" in the search bar and one thread mentioned getting him to level 15 (60 friendship) and not using him anymore, but i can even fight with him now because he leaves every time

also, here is the thread i was talking about

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991771-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland/61237289

post #4 by darkphoenix3001 is full of crap too, cause i just reset and tested it. I didnt attack AT ALL with totori, but the scene still triggered. Actually it triggers IMMEDIATELY after the battle in which she leveled up to 12.

so basically im f***ed and hes going to leave if i have him in my party at all from now on, and since his friendship is not 60 yet (hes only level 11), i wont be able to trigger any of his flags.

this is f***ing stupid, i read a lot about how this happens with gino. Krystals guide should recommend keeping him in the party permanently until he reaches level 15 like thanatos2k said ...... apparently that is enough to not f*** up a playthrough

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#13
krystals guide says:

Year 1, 10/13

With Mimi and Mel in your party, head for Arland via Peter.

its 11/2 and the stupid carriage still isnt ready? Also, im already able to rank up too, so what the hell is the trigger for the carriage?

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#14
wow i just started being able to synth equipment and i noticed the game no longer has the ability to sort by SPECIFIC traits. This game came out AFTER Rorona, so why the hell did they do away with the sorting options.

all they have is:

Quality, Trait, Register
Type, Level, Category

but there are no SUB-categories, so if i want to find, for example, LP+10, id have to sort by trait and then search every item anyways, its no different than sorting by any of the other categories

User Info: xhy345

xhy345
3 years ago#15
Atelier Rorona did come out before Atelier Totori but from your earlier comment about the assist attacks, it looks like you played the enhanced version, Atelier Rorona Plus, which came out after and improved a lot of the aspects of gameplay.

If you're frustrated with the guide, I wouldn't recommend following it for your first playthrough. It might sound like a great idea to be able to get everything done in one pass, but as you can see, you really have to follow it closely and it can get confusing and frustrating.

I'd recommend doing the first play blind and just enjoying it at your own pace. Then do a second play using the guide to pick up stuff you missed, and then maybe a third to get the hard stuff or things you messed up. The other reason I suggest multiple playthroughs is because of the gold requirement. Doing that one on your first play means a very tedious process of abusing a certain trick to get and sell items. It is extremely monotonous to spam that item and spam selling off the materials. It's easier to just mass sell off all your items (which you picked up going through the game normally) at the end of the game. This will add to your gold total each time through the game and you won't have to waste time trying to make gold during the game.

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#16
thanks, i think i will do that. The guide seems like it was written on a new game+ anyways.

Im just glancing through it at the moment, and krystal recommends making muffcot, but i apparently cant make it. I bought the book so muffcot is an option, but im failing EVERY time??

i have more than enough MP too. Its just that when i select Muffcot, Totori already says "I might not get this right". like she already knows shes going to fail?

im assuming its because of the TARGET LEVEL which is 15 for the muffcot ............ im only level 9 alchemy after following her guide up until this point. So following krystals guide, she already assuming the player is at level 15 in alchemy, but no where in her guide does she use alchemy enough to be at that level

then she goes on to tell the player to make Dry Metals which is a level 20!! ....... thus my assumption that she wrote the guide on a new game plus ........... which effectively makes the guide useless for new players

EDIT: what the heck, that walkthrough says to make metal staff, but it requires ster metal, which is level 25. She doesnt even mention that ster metal is required in the wlakthrough, but has it as an ingredient in the her synthesis guide?

i'll admit, i was loving her guide at the beginning, but at around the 6 month mark it started going down hill ......... FAST!!

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#17
i read that going over 60 friendship can ruin character endings? I just started year 2 and some of my characters already have 40+ friendship. is there a way to Lower it?

is there a certain RANGE friendship levels need to be?

gino is at 57, so should i leave him out of my part permanently for the remainder of the game? Ive barely received any scenes with him though?

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
3 years ago#18
I wouldn't follow a guide for these games in my first run, as it can sometimes ruin a lot of the fun that comes from trial and error. Instead, I'd just go in blind, use my intuition and common sense, do as much as I can, and just have fun.

As for the time gauge thing, just ignore it, except for a few key dates and events. The game will tell you these dates in Totori's Memo (under Help), so just take note of them. I actually quite like the time gauge in these games, not only because it gives you a sense of accomplishment and growth, but also encourages you to strategize instead of simply grind to Lv.99, wear ultimate gear, and spam normal attacks to steamroll everything.

Comparing Rorona and Totori to older games like Iris, the main difference is now you have limited time but infinite materials (thanks to Hom/Chims), instead of infinite time but limited materials, and I would pick the former over the latter any day - plus, the time you are given is actually very generous. Mana Khemia and MK2 are somewhere in the middle, with compromises on both sides, but they are also the most "hand-holding," giving you the least amount of freedom.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Core i7 X 980 @ 4.40 GHz (200 x 22) || GA-X58A-UD7 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8950

FinalFLuver
3 years ago#19
Gardevoir_ex posted...
The game will tell you these dates in Totori's Memo (under Help)

i just checked and my "totori memo" is blank??

Gardevoir_ex posted...
instead of infinite time but limited materials,

i prefer this one. I hate games with time limits. Even if i ignore the time limit (or try to) i always feel rushed. This is the ONLY reason i stopped playing Phanatasy Star Universe, because every stage was timed, and the faster you finished a stage, the better your rewards ........ like i said, i hate games like that.

anyways, ive just been glancing at both walkthroughs on this site for general info.

once again, Krystal is no help. she writes:

If you're lucky, Marc should have gotten enough friendship to get a scene between him and Peter. This will make your trips to Arland much faster, just bring him a Bounce Stone and Pure Oil.

if im LUCKY?? does she even know what triggers this event?

i have Marc at friendship level 35 and it still doesnt trigger when i talk to peter with marc in the party. So what friendship level does marc need to be at to trigger this scene? i would really like to be able to travel back and forth with the carriage in less days

User Info: xhy345

xhy345
3 years ago#20
They cap at 60 friendship from using them. To go over 60 you have to give them stuff they request. So you don't need to worry about it unless you purposely gave them stuff to go over.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Questions ..... potential spoilers
  • Topic Archived