• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Preparing for Platinum new game+

User Info: kern

kern
3 years ago#1
(I posted this on the Vita board too but I'm putting it here just in case more people read this one.)

I'm on my first casual playthrough; I just finished the normal ending requirements. What should I do to prepare for my new game+ playthrough where I'll try to get True End and platinum?

I want to stay within reason; from what I've seen it's not necessary to get the best equipment for everyone or hundreds of thousands of Cole. I have a decent spring cup so I can get some money. I'm curious what I can do within a half hour to an hour to prepare for next game.

User Info: sonic479

sonic479
3 years ago#2
You should get the best equipment for each character since it will speed the beginning parts of the game up, as well as later on.

You should also try to get at least 250,000 Cole before starting the second playthrough since that will be halfway towards the rich ending; ideally, you should have more than that by the end of your first playthrough but that's the bare minimum you should have.

Finally, you should try to view as much endings in this playthrough so you won't have to hold flags to view them in the next playthrough. Timing is crucial so you'll want to use a guide to keep track.
Hope, Passion, Effervescent, Tranquility, Intelligence
Action!

User Info: kern

kern
3 years ago#3
I'm going to use drache's guide. 250K seems excessive but I guess I would have to do that at some point anyway, either first or second playthrough.

User Info: sonic479

sonic479
3 years ago#4
You need 500k Cole total to be able to get the Rich ending. I recommended 250k for your first playthrough since that is 50% of the way there.

250k should be easy since you can sell off all your item stock before the end of the playthrough. If you can't make it to 250k, you'll just have to double the amount of work to get to 500k. However, you'll need to avoid triggering the other ending flags so you got to be careful here. Rich ending is also required for the True ending so if it doesn't work out with the characters, you will probably need an extra playthrough or just do it over again from an older save.
Hope, Passion, Effervescent, Tranquility, Intelligence
Action!
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
  3. Preparing for Platinum new game+
  • Topic Archived