• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Got Medic Ball on Normal & A Couple Questions

User Info: weregoingunion

weregoingunion
7 years ago#1
First, I was trying to post in the following thread but can't seem to find a button to add a reply: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991750-alphabounce/55176983

At first I noticed the original poster did not include the Medic Ball which I noticed in my inventory as I made a checklist of everything he included. Then I saw the post by Exp_HP (great guide, btw) which stated that it is only found in Easy. Well, I am playing on Normal, and I definitely have it in my inventory and I found it rather early in the game. I know this because I have not explored very far. I have not gone more than ~60-70 in any direction, and I'm positive I found it long before I got out that far. Also I am sure I am on Normal because I have found many other items that Exp_HP has listed as "Normal only" such as the KOR-654 Ball, the Professional Combat Support Drone, and others.

Do the places of items change between games? I noticed no one has really posted coordinates for items found. Unfortunately I do not know the coordinates of where I found the Medic Ball, because at the time I didn't think anything of it.

So has anyone else found this in Normal? The way the game and the sonar works, it seems weird that other people would not notice it on their games. It seems a lot of people have *thoroughly* played this game. Surely they would have noticed it if it were in the same place that I found it.

Also, I have a question about planet completion. I am very confused about exactly which squares of a planet need to be completed in order to get the envelope. On one planet I just made a square around it, leaving the edges "dangling" in un-completed squares.

I noticed something was weird when I didn't get a completion for making a square, and I decided to finish the four "corners" (top, bottom, left, and right) to try to complete it. Well I finished the first two, then I started on the right most corner. It was quite difficult at the time so I decided to try the bottom-most. After completing it, it said "Planet Completed" but I did not finish that final "corner" that would have made it symmetrical!

Also just now I finished the planet that contains CHIMERA. A similar thing happened - I finished a square covering all of the many areas. It didn't say completed, so again I went for the four "corners." After completing THREE of them, it said I had completed the planet. Well this is really annoying because I would think that a "symmetrical" completion would be necessary. I also don't want to be completed squares that I don't need to when the planet is HUGE.

Thanks for any info! I am happy if I can contribute to this little community that has already provided me with so much. I am making a "checklist spreadsheet" that I would gladly put up on a public Google Doc that anyone can edit, if there is any interest.
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Got Medic Ball on Normal & A Couple Questions
  • Topic Archived