• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Something weird happened!

User Info: PitfallMario

PitfallMario
8 years ago#1
My ball got caught in a warp block loop! My ball went through a warp block near the top of the screen and it bounced back into the same warp block(repeating the same triangular pattern over and over again). Since it was my only ball on the screen, I couldn't get out of the level unless I turned the game off. I decided not to turn the game off and see if the ball would eventually get away from the warp block. Well, after about ten minutes, the ball was gaining so much speed that it eventually got away from the warp block. Once the ball got away from the warp block, it was going so fast that I couldn't reach it with my ship. Luckily, I had another ship to finish the level. Has this happened to any one else? If not, I would like to be credited for discovering the "Warp Block Loop".

User Info: Gamercube

Gamercube
8 years ago#2
I've had that happen a few times with the doors in the purple walls...

I didn't think it was worth mentioning here, though =P

User Info: Exp_HP

Exp_HP
8 years ago#3
I didn't think it was actually possible to escape a warp loop without dying or breaking one of the doors. Then again, the warp loops I'm used to tend to look a little more like this:

[Door]
....O....
[Door]

Good to know you can wait situations like those out.

But this is yet another strike against the development team, I'm afraid. Unless the collision checks in your game engine check the entire path an object takes between frames, a speed cap is a requirement for any object with acceleration. This is a basic rule of video game physics. An object should not be able to naturally achieve a speed where it can bypass another solid object.
This wall of text has been brought to you courtesy of one of the board's resident
spectrum children (and Linux users).
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Something weird happened!
  • Topic Archived