• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Is there a limit to how far out you can go?

User Info: One_Man_Gang

One_Man_Gang
8 years ago#1
Do you eventually hit a point where you can't go any further, or does it go on forever?
Consequences will never be the same!

User Info: Exp_HP

Exp_HP
8 years ago#2
We pretty much gave up trying to answer that ages ago.

There must be a limit to how far you can go, because the game saves which levels you've completed. If the universe extended infinitely, you would either have to have an infinitely large save file, or at least the save file would have to be able to dynamically grow over time as you go further out. I'm assuming game save files aren't allowed to grow (fixed save file size has been a tradition since the Nintendo Gamecube), so there must be a limit to the universe.

I've gone out to about (1400,0). That's really far out. I think it took me two weeks to get there. Once you get far out enough, the levels get really tough even on Easy mode. There's powerful Nexus everywhere, and some of the levels are so oversaturated with enemies that the game crashes.

When I went back to where the planets were, the trip it felt like it took 10 whole minutes of me just holding the stylus on the left side of the screen. It's ridiculous.
This wall of text has been brought to you courtesy of one of the board's resident
spectrum children (and Linux users).

User Info: One_Man_Gang

One_Man_Gang
8 years ago#3
So I take it there are no planets or unlockables out that far right?
Consequences will never be the same!

User Info: Exp_HP

Exp_HP
8 years ago#4
Definitely no planets out there. We've discovered all 27 planets. Earth is random, and the other 26 planets are all within the 200 ring except for one planet on Hard.

As for unlockables... I have no idea how far out those go. We'd have to explore the entire universe to know for sure. But IIRC, across all three difficulties, I don't think we've yet to find any pieces of equipment further than 200 out in any given direction (unless you were to count the last Earth map).
This wall of text has been brought to you courtesy of one of the board's resident
spectrum children (and Linux users).
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Is there a limit to how far out you can go?
  • Topic Archived